Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   PAC iPac-CHY Feedback Thread (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/pac-ipac-chy-feedback-thread-2396.html)

Matt 08-31-2009 03:13 PM

PAC iPac-CHY Feedback Thread

I purchased this iPod integration module a few weeks ago just before I left for a road trip. It works very well, no issues with plyaback or any bugs that needed to be worked out; just installed it and it worked.

Question:

Does your iPods screen stay illuminated while connected to the module, even when the car is off? I don't like the fact that if I leave my iPod in the car connected to this unit all night that the screen will stay lit all night - that can't be good for the iPod. Is there any way around this besides disconnecting the iPod every time I leave the car? That would be very inconvenient.

Also, leave back any pros and/or cons you'd like to let other know, thanks!

White WK Swagga 08-31-2009 03:19 PM

Re: PAC iPac-CHY Feedback Thread

I have it. I'm not sure what one it is but it was installed by the dealer. The cord is in the glove box. I can interface it through the touch screen My Gig. It pops up like any of the media (HDD, CD, AM, FM, SAT) I love it. The only con ic that the ipod stays on and charging. Already killed one ipod NANO. I wish it would stop charging when the ignition is killed.

Matt 08-31-2009 03:24 PM

So you have the PAC unit and not the Mopar one correct Nate? I thought the PAC unit couldn't interface information on the radios(s), just simply use the buttons or iPod itself to control it.

Yeah, the 24/7 charging/back lit screen is pretty stupid.

B.P.O.D 08-31-2009 03:32 PM

guys i have a solution buy a zune!!!! LOLOL

sorry had to throw it in there :) LOL

Matt 08-31-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.P.O.D (Post 54786)
guys i have a solution buy a zune!!!! LOLOL

sorry had to throw it in there :) LOL

Zunes suck! LOL j/k. I have an iPod only because it has the highest market for accessories and whatnot compared to other MP3 players. Example: the PAC unit this thread is dedicated to, lol. I don't think there is a single Zune integration unit on the market (stereo inputs don't count, lol).

B.P.O.D 08-31-2009 03:51 PM

hehe nope... only ford has it with their cars

Matt 08-31-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.P.O.D (Post 54806)
hehe nope... only ford has it with their cars

Yeah, they have the Microsoft Sync... that's actually a very cool factory nav/interface system. My dads '09 F150 has that. The back-up camera is freakin' cool as hell!

ducks unlimited 09-06-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 54774)
I have it. I'm not sure what one it is but it was installed by the dealer. The cord is in the glove box. I can interface it through the touch screen My Gig. It pops up like any of the media (HDD, CD, AM, FM, SAT) I love it. The only con ic that the ipod stays on and charging. Already killed one ipod NANO. I wish it would stop charging when the ignition is killed.

when you plug it in which plug are you using cig lighter plug or the 12v plug

Matt 09-08-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducks unlimited (Post 57708)
when you plug it in which plug are you using cig lighter plug or the 12v plug

If he has the PAC unit then he is interfacing directly with the receiver. The PAC unit does not use the 12v outlet or the cigarette lighter for power.