Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   My Baby is HOME!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/my-baby-is-home-24052.html)

Candy Girl 06-05-2011 02:03 PM

My Baby is HOME!!!

5 Attachment(s)
My baby is HOME!!!!!! I picked her up last night from my dealer. I wanted to share some things with all of you.
First, I want to thank all of you for your support thru my long wait! I really appreciate it!!! You guys are a great bunch!!!
Let me start with my dealer. My salesman has been great. He knew his stuff and was up to date on everything throughout this whole process. He had everything ready when I got there. He had already programmed the EVIC, showed me everything in the vehicle, and even helped me sync my iphone. He showed me another little trick that got my iphone music to play on my radio without any USB cords. I have to brush up on that one. But everything worked flawlessly. He even cleaned some areas that he thought could be shinier/cleaner. By the way, there was no dealer prep charge. The price was what it was when we negotiated it in December-yes; it was December when I first ordered this baby! But it was February before Chrysler had all of the options available. The price of the vehicle and delivery had gone up about $1200.00 since then. The dealer gave me two silver colored license plate holders-they do have its name on there, but it makes the tag look richer. Free advertising, but at least it is a useful piece. I was going to purchase them anyway.
Now, my baby. Where do I begin? I am in awe of this vehicle’s capabilities! But I must admit I am a bit overwhelmed and intimidated, too. I have much to learn! I went from a Conestoga wagon to a space ship! The technology advancements are incredible! I do love all of the gizmos and gadgets, but I do have some homework! She is a magnificent vehicle!!!! She is so quiet, smooth, no rattles, easy to drive…I could go on and on singing her praises.
She was delivered with 11 miIes on her OD. I do have the mud flaps and the sidesteps. The mud flaps appear to fit well. I know someone posted something about gaps, but I do not see any. I have mixed feelings about the steps. They look good, I think, on the vehicle, but I wish they fit closer to the body. There is a gap there. The main reason I bought them was for protecting the underbody of the vehicle. This brings me to the next point. Since they seem to stick out more than the steps on my ’96 GC, they are a bit of a hindrance when exiting the vehicle. I like to turn and drop to the ground in one movement. I have some ortho issues, so that is an easier way for me to exit the vehicle. They are in the way for that. But, maybe I have to play with this some. I also am finding the driver’s side floor area caverness. So much so that my left foot does not hit the foot rest. Any ideas for that? I am playing with the position of the seat. I do need to get that situated better. I am really trying to get the bottom portion of the seat flat-at a 90 degree angle to the back part of the seat. It is more comfortable for me in that position. Funny thing is, I do not remember the Laredo’s driver side floor so large.
The vehicle did come with the chrome bezels on the fog lights as part of the chrome package. Thank goodness! I would have had a field day trying to get them on had I had to buy them separately.
The fit and finish so far seem perfect! I do not see any problems with the flipper glass, the doors fitting, dash seams, steering wheel rough points-anything. I do have to look at her better. This is at first inspection. I do have to check that wire situation in the bumper area on the driver’s side to be sure they are not touching anything hot.
I am going to order the manuals tomorrow, although again, my salesman had everything organized in the manual area-even another case for the canvas case the manuals came in. He also went thru this package with me. I would recommend my dealer and salesman to anyone who is interested in buying a Jeep in my area. It was one of the easiest experiences I ever had in buying a vehicle! Excellent!
Please let me know if you have any thoughts or advice on anything I have posted. Always interested in learning!
Will continue to post with any other info, thoughts, or questions. Thanks again for everything!!!
Now for the pics. I hope they come thru ok. Please excuse some of the editing. I never include pictures of people or signs of businesses without their permission. By the way, the chrome on the back of the Jeep is so shiny that I can see reflections of people in there, so I had to delete them.

lll2for3lll 06-05-2011 02:06 PM

Re: My Baby is HOME!!!

Lol at spaceship. That's what I call the interior of my WK.

BOYCHIKS 06-05-2011 02:46 PM

Gosh, i want this interior.

dubwarren 06-05-2011 02:55 PM

Nice ride, love the saddle.

Cherodude 06-05-2011 03:13 PM

Glad its finally worked out!

chibianh 06-05-2011 04:24 PM

beautiful! and congrats! I hope it was worth the wait!

Mlebout 06-05-2011 04:51 PM

Thanks for the update. Glad it finally arrived!

Regarding the wiring issue, I don't think it applies to yours. The person that pointed out that problem had a Hemi, dual exhaust. One less thing to worry about...

Congrats!!!

Dan JGC 06-05-2011 05:23 PM

'bout time...what took ya so long??? ;)

Congrats....very glad the WK2 arrived safe and sound after the excruciatingly long delays. I order mine around the same time and got it 2.5 months ago...I'd have been going crazy.

Congrats...great color combo!

Scottina06 06-05-2011 06:05 PM

Congrats Candy!!!!!!

Hollywood 06-05-2011 06:58 PM

Congrats! Ordered mine around the same time and have 6 weeks and 985 happy miles under our belt. Good luck!

RageOfFury 06-05-2011 07:04 PM

Congrats!!!:w00t:

joebinotto 06-05-2011 10:22 PM

Congrats CG! I am happy to hear you finally got your Jeep.