Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Wipers (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/wipers-24073.html)

raider91e 06-05-2011 07:44 PM

Wipers
 
I was wondering if anyone on the forum has changed their wipers from frames to frameless? I was thinking about it for a while since the blades leave behind multiple streaks.

RageOfFury 06-05-2011 07:54 PM

Re: Wipers
 
I have! I swapped out the OEM blades for Bosch Evolution wipers about 3 months ago. Very happy with them so far.

nek121328 06-05-2011 08:33 PM

Re: Wipers
 
ANCO Contours have worked fine for me since the end of November.

1200RT-P 06-05-2011 08:36 PM

Re: Wipers
 
I've had great luck with Bosch Icon wipers (on other vehicles). I can't speak highly enough about them - although the stock wipers on my GC seem to work file. Then again, I haven't had it in rain yet.

raider91e 06-05-2011 09:21 PM

Re: Wipers
 
what are our wiper sizes? I tried looking online on the mopar store, but they wouldn't give dimensions...

jgc4ever 06-05-2011 09:42 PM

Re: Wipers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1200RT-P (Post 425743)
I've had great luck with Bosch Icon wipers (on other vehicles). I can't speak highly enough about them - although the stock wipers on my GC seem to work file. Then again, I haven't had it in rain yet.

I use the Bosch Icon wipers om my WK and love them.

The WK2 I think I read on here some time ago takes 22" driver side and 21" passenger side.

AAAA 06-06-2011 09:58 AM

Re: Wipers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nek121328 (Post 425740)
ANCO Contours have worked fine for me since the end of November.

Ditto. Also go by the name Anco Profile. Easy fit.

Andrew Klossner 06-06-2011 01:07 PM

Re: Wipers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by raider91e (Post 425698)
I was wondering if anyone on the forum has changed their wipers from frames to frameless? I was thinking about it for a while since the blades leave behind multiple streaks.

I've driven in rain every week since I took delivery April 22 and have not yet seen any streaks. Maybe our rainwater is cleaner than yours?

UNCjeepWK2 06-06-2011 01:12 PM

Re: Wipers
 
I switched out for Bosch Evolution... they have been relatively streaky so far. Even replaced the driver one after just a couple months... new one is still streaky.

Bign1976 06-06-2011 02:24 PM

Re: Wipers
 
I like the Valeo Ultimate blades, They are usually buy one get one free at tirerack.com

Knightrider03m 06-06-2011 05:25 PM

Re: Wipers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1200RT-P (Post 425743)
I've had great luck with Bosch Icon wipers (on other vehicles). I can't speak highly enough about them - although the stock wipers on my GC seem to work file. Then again, I haven't had it in rain yet.

+1

When my OEM wipers go, I'll be replacing them with Bosch Icons.

RageOfFury 06-06-2011 08:48 PM

Re: Wipers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UNCjeepWK2 (Post 426111)
I switched out for Bosch Evolution... they have been relatively streaky so far. Even replaced the driver one after just a couple months... new one is still streaky.

Hmmm...have not experienced any streakiness with the Bosch Evolution blades to date. I do have my windshield coated with Rain-X though...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community