Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Holy MPGs Batman!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/holy-mpgs-batman-24106.html)

Dnizzle80 06-06-2011 06:48 PM

Holy MPGs Batman!!!
 
1 Attachment(s)
I took my family to New Hampshire this weekend for a fun family trip to Storyland. It was about a 4hr drive from Massachusetts and included different driving situations...highway (top speed 70), backroads (top speed 45 and city stop & go (top speed 35. By the time I pulled into NH, my 5.7 Hemi topped out at a whopping 19.2 MPG!! For me...very cool to see considering the highest I've seen since I've owned her was 14.2 MPGs. Has anyone reached better than 19.2 on they're WKs?

SvenskaJeepGuy 06-06-2011 07:00 PM

Re: Holy MPGs Batman!!!
 
i have a 4.7 and usually get around 25mpg when driving solid highway on cruise control

burkey222 06-06-2011 07:13 PM

Re: Holy MPGs Batman!!!
 
Lots of straight roads for you on that trip. Nice scenery too! That's great mileage for the hemi, and def some patience!

I get about that, but I drive the lowly 3.7 :) ... I average about 19.2... It would be better if I didn't have to drive down route 3 just about every day...

05WK 06-06-2011 08:07 PM

Re: Holy MPGs Batman!!!
 
I get an easy 26 mpg highway but only because of my mods! Haha

jeff05wk 06-06-2011 09:17 PM

Re: Holy MPGs Batman!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 05WK (Post 426332)
I get an easy 26 mpg highway but only because of my mods! Haha

That... and it's a V6.

05WK 06-06-2011 09:31 PM

Re: Holy MPGs Batman!!!
 
EPA says 21 highway

antsjeep 06-06-2011 09:34 PM

Re: Holy MPGs Batman!!!
 
ok to be realistic here... the best i have ever seen in my 3.7L at a cruise 65-70mph.... was 23mpg (bone stock). I do not see how 26 is possible in a 3.7L.

You're Limited 06-06-2011 09:35 PM

Re: Holy MPGs Batman!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnizzle80 (Post 426288)
I took my family to New Hampshire this weekend for a fun family trip to Storyland. It was about a 4hr drive from Massachusetts and included different driving situations...highway (top speed 70), backroads (top speed 45 and city stop & go (top speed 35. By the time I pulled into NH, my 5.7 Hemi topped out at a whopping 19.2 MPG!! For me...very cool to see considering the highest I've seen since I've owned her was 14.2 MPGs. Has anyone reached better than 19.2 on they're WKs?

I have a 5.7 and I see 19+MPG on highway with cruise control @ 65mph on flat or down hills. Otherwise it fluctuates between 14.5MPG - 17MPG. I really have a light foot.

As most of you know filling up for $75+ a week ain't fun.

05WK 06-06-2011 09:42 PM

Re: Holy MPGs Batman!!!
 
That's what I used to see. With a cold air, exhaust, and fast man TB, cruising on hilly highways 25-26 now. Worth the price in mods for increase in power and throttle response and MPG

nspsend 06-06-2011 10:38 PM

Re: Holy MPGs Batman!!!
 
The poster (Dnizzle80) has a 5.7 hemi and got what I would consider decent mileage for that engine. "You're Limited" echoed similar numbers with his 5.7 and I could say the same from my own experience. Getting over 19 mpg's with the big boy is an accomplishment. The comparison to those with 3.7 & 4.7's that can get over 20 is really apples and oranges.

05WK 06-06-2011 11:15 PM

Re: Holy MPGs Batman!!!
 
Except that the "big boys" tug the same weight around and get worse mpg some even having the mds system engauged.

SvenskaJeepGuy 06-07-2011 12:54 AM

Re: Holy MPGs Batman!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nspsend (Post 426422)
The comparison to those with 3.7 & 4.7's that can get over 20 is really apples and oranges.

the 5.7 is only 1 mpg lower than the 4.7 so pretty much apples to apples


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community