Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Air conditioning thoughts? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/air-conditioning-thoughts-24109.html)

mofeen 06-06-2011 08:22 PM

Air conditioning thoughts?

I have a three month old Overland. Now that it is getting warm here in Michigan, I have had a good chance to test the AC. Comparing it to WJ Overland that I am coming from, the AC is rather subpar. Just doesn't seem to blow very cold. Anyone else not impressed with the AC?

RageOfFury 06-06-2011 08:29 PM

Re: Air conditioning thoughts?

Worked perfectly fine for me today in 95F heat. During my drive home from work I had to point the vents away from me because I was freezing.

chibianh 06-06-2011 08:37 PM

i set my climate control to 72F and it starts out blasting but after a while, it calms down.. at that point, I'm comfortable enough with the ambient air temp. The seats helping to cool my lower back helps, as well ;)

dowdy85 06-06-2011 09:28 PM

Not impressed with the AC!

spiros 06-06-2011 09:45 PM

mine seems to suffer at idle blowing 57 on the thermometer,driving gets ice cold.

dc22345 06-06-2011 10:45 PM

Not impressed with mine either, it seems to cycle too much.

nek121328 06-07-2011 06:45 AM

Mine seems to require constant adjustments

vikingdave 06-07-2011 07:42 AM

Seems really strong on my Hemi WK2. For those not happy with it, V6 or Hemi ? Every V8 I have ever owned has great AC.

mjw930 06-07-2011 07:50 AM

I'm in FL and have had it in some 90+ degree with 70%+ humidity and it works like a champ. In fact, I had to reposition the vents a couple times on our vacation trip because it was freezing my hand on the wheel.

One thing many don't understand about the newer automatic climate control systems is the temperature of the cold air is not only regulated by the internal temperature but also by the external temperature. On cooler days where the external temp may be in the 60's or 70's even if the inside temp is 90+ the air won't blow as cold as it will when the external temp is 80+. The only way to counter that is to drop the temp all the way to "Low". The idea is to more gradually modify the inside temp rather than blast out ice cold air for a few minutes then pull back. This isn't Jeep or Chrysler specific, most car manufacturers use the same source supplier for the HVAC controllers so it's become a universal operating principle.

jeep2011 06-07-2011 10:04 AM

Mine works great until you come to a stop and sitting at the light it gets warmer and warmer until you hit the gas again. Anyone else's like this?

REALM 06-07-2011 10:23 AM

Mine doesn't blow very cold either, even at full blast. That was my one complaint on the vehicle in the survey.

Unless I turn both dials all the way to the blue, it's not very cold to me. Even one notch down it doesn't seem cold, and at full blue it's cold, but not icy cold.

Very unhappy with the A/C... my previous Nissan blew this one out of the water, no comparison whatsoever.

My Jeep at full blast is like my Nissan at half. :confused:

MikeD 06-07-2011 10:23 AM

I noticed on mine that when you take off from a light the A/C blower is reduced, not sure if it disengages under accelaration or what but it's annoying. I'm not impressed with the power of the vehicle at all.