Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f163/)
-   -   Which tires? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f163/which-tires-24115.html)

inputusername 06-06-2011 11:20 PM

Which tires?

Can anyone tell me about the difference between the 2 tires available? I definitely need to be able to drive in snow in the winter and in a bit of gravel all year round. Should I get the all season tires or should I get the 3 season tires and then change the tires out for winter tires when the snow starts to fly?

2011JGC 06-07-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inputusername (Post 426437)
Can anyone tell me about the difference between the 2 tires available? I definitely need to be able to drive in snow in the winter and in a bit of gravel all year round. Should I get the all season tires or should I get the 3 season tires and then change the tires out for winter tires when the snow starts to fly?

If you live in an area that gets more than an inch or two of snow you would probably be better off with snow tires. Hopefully tire rack will come out with a wheel and snow tire package that will work with the srt8. The brake calipers will cause problems with finding wheels that fit.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

inputusername 06-07-2011 12:40 AM

Re: Which tires?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011JGC (Post 426459)
If you live in an area that gets more than an inch or two of snow you would probably be better off with snow tires. Hopefully tire rack will come out with a wheel and snow tire package that will work with the srt8. The brake calipers will cause problems with finding wheels that fit.

I was thinking maybe I could find a set of take off wheels with all the people who are already complaining about the wheels.

mjw930 06-07-2011 07:11 AM

I'll bet the 20" Overland wheels will fit, there's a ton of clearance with the normal calipers. They are narrower so you would need to find a 265/50x20 snow tire but narrower is preferable for snows anyway. Right now it looks like there's only one tire in that size but it's the Blizzak so you should be good to go.

Remember too that the factory tires are run flat's. You may need to do a 5th wheel Overland and tire if you want to add a spare.

I believe the Pirelli's that will come on the SRT will be all season so unless you want to tackle big storms you should be OK with the stockers.

jeep2011 06-07-2011 07:20 AM

I ordered the 3 season on mine just in case.

barho 06-07-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep2011 (Post 426522)
I ordered the 3 season on mine just in case.

:confused:

Just in case you don't get any snow????????? LOL!!!!:lol:

Schleprock 06-07-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barho (Post 426737)
:confused:

Just in case you don't get any snow????????? LOL!!!!:lol:

That's exactly what I thought this morning when I read that LOL.

jeep2011 06-07-2011 01:55 PM

Sorry I read the post wrong. In my case its very rare we get snow at the beach. I have real 4x4's for that so called 4th season :)

NJKen 06-07-2011 10:07 PM

I took the 3 season too, and we get snow in NJ. I have the Wrangler for the winters =)