Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   WK Cop car spotted ! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/wk-cop-car-spotted-24119.html)

theycallmeBR00KLYN 06-07-2011 12:47 AM

WK Cop car spotted !
 
Hello everyone, I haven't been on the forum for a while now.
I apologize but I had to come back on to show you guys what I saw last night.
Hope you got a good laugh out of that haha

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3575/...f0afe70773.jpg

******** and please help me find a seat !! (LINK BELOW) ********

http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=24111

'00 UnLimited 06-07-2011 01:15 AM

Re: WK Cop car spotted !
 
My home town of Merrill, WI has tons of WK police vehicles. My second cousin is Lieutenant for the county cops and he even has a limited WK2 that he gets to drive. I'll try and get some pics next time I see him.

NHWK05 06-07-2011 08:12 AM

Re: WK Cop car spotted !
 
Nice!

antsjeep 06-07-2011 08:30 AM

Re: WK Cop car spotted !
 
wonder why they didn't go with the SRT8...

Geevis 06-07-2011 08:42 AM

Re: WK Cop car spotted !
 
That's pretty cool, I'm yet to see a WK edition police vehicle.

Do you have any more pics of your LED setup?

lewi3069 06-07-2011 08:49 AM

Re: WK Cop car spotted !
 
Well if your in a SRT8 at least you know you can out run him. :lol:

antsjeep 06-07-2011 10:17 AM

Re: WK Cop car spotted !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewi3069 (Post 426567)
Well if your in a SRT8 at least you know you can out run him. :lol:

thats what im saying... :D

HemiDawg 06-07-2011 11:03 AM

Re: WK Cop car spotted !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by antsjeep (Post 426557)
wonder why they didn't go with the SRT8...

Two reasons, gas mileage and the fact that they, in most cases, are not allowed to chase vehicles at high speeds anymore.

I recently had a 2011 Charger as a loaner vehicle - was talking with the SA about it and he said all of the Chargers they were getting in that were police-issue vehicles were all coming in with V6's, not the Hemi.

Devilsmed98 06-07-2011 06:04 PM

Re: WK Cop car spotted !
 
Lmao holmdel police. I live in Ocean Township and a ton of people think mine is an unmarked car being as it is blacked out and they see the headlight detector in the windshield and think it's a camera. Especially when I dress in a shirt and tie for work.

I should get a badge to hang around my neck... hmmmm:D

GR33N D3M0N 06-07-2011 06:09 PM

Re: WK Cop car spotted !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilsmed98 (Post 426889)
Lmao holmdel police. I live in Ocean Township and a ton of people think mine is an unmarked car being as it is blacked out and they see the headlight detector in the windshield and think it's a camera. Especially when I dress in a shirt and tie for work.

I should get a badge to hang around my neck... hmmmm:D

WTF is a headlight detector? haha

SvenskaJeepGuy 06-07-2011 06:10 PM

Re: WK Cop car spotted !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GR33N D3M0N (Post 426893)
WTF is a headlight detector? haha

smartbeam :rolleyes:

NHWK05 06-07-2011 06:39 PM

Re: WK Cop car spotted !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiDawg (Post 426678)
Two reasons, gas mileage and the fact that they, in most cases, are not allowed to chase vehicles at high speeds anymore.

I recently had a 2011 Charger as a loaner vehicle - was talking with the SA about it and he said all of the Chargers they were getting in that were police-issue vehicles were all coming in with V6's, not the Hemi.

Thats strange because in NH all the state troopers have hemi chargers and any local police have hemis too unless they are detectives.

In mass they have unmarked chargers with the nice chrome 18s and everything. They dont look like a cop unless you see the lights in the windows.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community