Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   dumb questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/dumb-questions-24134.html)

Rudyk 06-07-2011 10:57 AM

dumb questions

The site keeps telling me that I ought to post more and so to that end I'll parade my ignorance with a couple of questions. :)

I have had my JGC Laredo for nearly 2 months and I'm too lazy or daunted to look in the voluminous manual for these answers...

1) the centre console storage -- bottom tier has an indentation at the back top that looks like it was molded to hold... um... SOMEthing. Any quick suggestions?

2) ditto the cargo net rails on the backs of the front seats (facing the rear seats) have plastic extensions on the tops of them that, again, look like they were engineered for a particular purpose. Answers???... suggestions?...

BTW... lovin' my vehicle... my best purchase decision ever. Just not used to all the do-dads (like the sliding sun visors... didn't even realize that one 'til someone here commented! :) )

ColdCase 06-07-2011 01:03 PM

Re: dumb questions

The console indent is for routing a power cord without pinching.

Dan JGC 06-07-2011 02:13 PM

There are no dumb questions, just dumb questions without photos! LOL Just kidding. Might help if you include photos of what you're referring to.... :D

Technosavant 06-07-2011 02:20 PM

Coldcase is correct about the console ident; it allows you to run a power cable out of there with the top down and latched.

As for those prongs on the backs of the front seats, they seem to be for holding those plastic grocery bags- hook the handles to those things and they don't slide around or dump their contents.

LTCSAMRET 06-07-2011 03:21 PM

See Owner's Manual.

Cherodude 06-07-2011 06:18 PM

The other dent in the centre back could be for coins, or any other short tube (Livesaver roll?).

Those extensions on the front seat back nets are supposed to be bag hooks (for plastic bags or others with handles).

Rudyk 06-07-2011 07:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
okay... hope the pics come through. thought I was reasonably clear about what bits I was asking about... guess not...

I'll buy that the back seat prongs are for bag attachments... don't look too study in my view. however, the design of the storage indent still has me bamboozled... :)

1200RT-P 06-07-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTCSAMRET (Post 426810)
See Owner's Manual.

:rolleyes:

Rudyk 06-08-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTCSAMRET (Post 426810)
See Owner's Manual.

give you a dollar if you can tell me the page number... :D

Dan JGC 06-08-2011 12:35 AM

Did the old RER have a cable coming out there (bottom tier has an indentation at the back top that looks like it was molded to hold... um... SOMEthing) in the arm rest.

ColdCase 06-08-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudyk (Post 426942)
okay... however, the design of the storage indent still has me bamboozled... :)

The indent simply allows you to connect a USB device to the internal usb connector and then hang the device outside the console compartment if you so desire without pinching the cable.

the1jake 06-08-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudyk (Post 426942)
okay... hope the pics come through. thought I was reasonably clear about what bits I was asking about... guess not...

I'll buy that the back seat prongs are for bag attachments... don't look too study in my view. however, the design of the storage indent still has me bamboozled... :)

Not sure if those are for bag attachments, but that's what I've been using them for. No worries about things tumbling over on the drive home.