Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Dropped at dealer today... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/dropped-at-dealer-today-24184.html)

DABS 1 06-08-2011 04:00 PM

Dropped at dealer today...

Drove to work this morning (20-22 miles), everything is fine, got into car 4-5 hrs later and everything is going haywire....
-wipers are on and wont shut off
-washers dont work
-radio is on but cant change station
-headlights are set on aux but lights are on in broad daylight.
-all steering wheel controls do not work
-car is running and will go into gear
- A/C works.... Thank god it was 95 degrees.
-windows dont go up or down
- traction control light is on, cant turn off
- air suspension controls are off and can not be used
- dash reads "service air suspension"

I went under hood and disconnected wiper fuse, I didnt want to scratch windshield, drove to dealer and got a loaner. While driving there when I cut the wheel all the way the car felt like it was going to stall.

Car is 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland Hemi 5.7........

They said they will look at it in the morning,,,, we will see what it is.....

Chuck 06-08-2011 04:06 PM

Re: Dropped at dealer today...

Wow, curious to see what that is. Hope everything gets solved fast.

Mlebout 06-08-2011 09:08 PM

What is the build date???

jeepster23 06-09-2011 04:53 AM

Sounds like altenator went or something in the charging system. Those Jeeps do really really really funny things when they are down on voltage.

mjw930 06-09-2011 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster23 (Post 427742)
Sounds like altenator went or something in the charging system. Those Jeeps do really really really funny things when they are down on voltage.

It could be as simple as a loose battery cable. It would have the same symptoms and I've seen a couple reports of them being loose. Let's hope that's all it is.

DABS 1 06-09-2011 08:27 AM

Im hoping that it is a simple fix, I spoke to them last night before they closed and they looked at it and didnt have an answer yet. Hopefully they take care of it today.

Loose cable??? That would be weird, Ive had it for 7 months and it has 5100 miles on it?? We'll see.......
:thumbsup:

mjw930 06-09-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DABS 1 (Post 427797)
Im hoping that it is a simple fix, I spoke to them last night before they closed and they looked at it and didnt have an answer yet. Hopefully they take care of it today.

Loose cable??? That would be weird, Ive had it for 7 months and it has 5100 miles on it?? We'll see.......

Not really, the negative battery cable is removed sometimes when it's in transit and there have been a couple reports of them being loose right after taking delivery. The PDI checklist includes tightening the battery terminals but we all know the dealer mechanics are too smart to actually read the instructions.

DABS 1 06-09-2011 03:39 PM

Update....

The have played with it all day...... they have replaced "the main sensor" and are now replacing "relays"......

They have to order some different relays due to the fact that when they replaced some of them some of the electronics still didnt work. They are "hoping" for tomorrow..... we'll see.......according to the service writer he has seen some sensors and relays burn out in the past but not as severe as this and NOT on a 2011 Overland

RHPF 06-09-2011 04:47 PM

Did they give you a loaner to use while your GC was being worked on?

DABS 1 06-09-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHPF (Post 428139)
Did they give you a loaner to use while your GC was being worked on?

Yes... Im driving a 2011 Dodge Dakota pick up truck......I asked the rental company for the newest car they had and one that didnt smell like ass.... this one was just put into service and had 980 miles on it when I got it... Not my kind of car but its better than walking....:lol:

the1jake 06-10-2011 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 427967)
Not really, the negative battery cable is removed sometimes when it's in transit and there have been a couple reports of them being loose right after taking delivery. The PDI checklist includes tightening the battery terminals but we all know the dealer mechanics are too smart to actually read the instructions.

They're not mechanics anymore, they're automotive technicians. :thumbsup:

Medichic 06-10-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DABS 1 (Post 428152)
Yes... Im driving a 2011 Dodge Dakota pick up truck......I asked the rental company for the newest car they had and one that didnt smell like ass.... this one was just put into service and had 980 miles on it when I got it... Not my kind of car but its better than walking....:lol:

Any updates?