Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Gas light question? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/gas-light-question-24203.html)

ONEbadHEEPtruck 06-08-2011 10:00 PM

Gas light question?
 
How many gallons of gas are left when the gas light comes on?

tri0829 06-08-2011 10:05 PM

Re: Gas light question?
 
it goes on if theres less than 10 miles to empty on the evic

GR33N D3M0N 06-08-2011 10:05 PM

When I had my jeep is was between 17-18 gallons to fill it...so about 3-4 gallons

tri0829 06-08-2011 10:15 PM

Re: Gas light question?
 
I'm not sure if you can predict the exact amount of gas left in there until you fill it up. I think the light comes on based on how your driving at the time, someone with a heavy foot will have the light come on sooner than some who is accelerating slow and coasting a lot. I think it comes on based on how far it calculates you can go based on the way you are driving, therefore it would be different for everyone...

GR33N D3M0N 06-08-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tri0829 (Post 427666)
I'm not sure if you can predict the exact amount of gas left in there until you fill it up. I think the light comes on based on how your driving at the time, someone with a heavy foot will have the light come on sooner than some who is accelerating slow and coasting a lot. I think it comes on based on how far it calculates you can go based on the way you are driving, therefore it would be different for everyone...

Sorry, this logic makes no sense, the light is set up to come on when the level of gas in the tank reaches a certain point...it has nothing to do with how you drive, it'll come on sooner if you drive more spiritually, but it would come on when you have a certain amount of gas is left, mine used to come on around 14-20 miles left

tri0829 06-08-2011 10:24 PM

Re: Gas light question?
 
thats what i said, the light comes on based on how you drive, obviously the level of gas is a factor of how far your going to go, but the light is not a determinant of the amount of gas in the tank

GR33N D3M0N 06-08-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tri0829 (Post 427677)
thats what i said, the light comes on based on how you drive, obviously the level of gas is a factor of how far your going to go, but the light is not a determinant of the amount of gas in the tank

Wow, yes it is, the gas light comes on, when the device that measures the volume of gas is at a certain level, it has to do with volume

tri0829 06-08-2011 10:40 PM

Re: Gas light question?
 
oh i see what your sayin brain fart haha i was thinkin of it backwards

GR33N D3M0N 06-08-2011 10:45 PM

Re: Gas light question?
 
no problem haha, it happens to me all the time!

Galaxie500 06-09-2011 03:09 AM

Re: Gas light question?
 
When it comes on for me it seems there is about 3 Gal left in the tank, this is about 30 miles in town or 60 miles on the FW.

lewi3069 06-09-2011 07:50 AM

Re: Gas light question?
 
Where is your pin in the gauge when it turns on. today mine was on empty... but 3 gallons is far from empty... that is still 3/10 full. only took 17 gal. What I'm wondering has anyone tried getting the extra 45 miles out of it?

Megatron 06-09-2011 08:27 AM

Re: Gas light question?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewi3069 (Post 427776)
What I'm wondering has anyone tried getting the extra 45 miles out of it?

I wouldnt risk it , but there are some brave ones out there :eek::lol:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community