Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Finished my lift! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/finished-my-lift-24251.html)

djcodered 06-10-2011 06:58 AM

Finished my lift!
 
Well after much backache, frustration and ultimately...joy... I finished my lift:
2" Rough Country with Bilsteins all around and and a nice new set of 265/70/17 Hankook Dyna Pro ATM RF10's!

I love her!

This is before:
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMAG0046.jpg

This is after the lift but before the tires:
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMAG0208.jpg
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMAG0207.jpg

And now, with lift and tires!!!
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMAG0209.jpg
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMAG0210.jpg
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMAG0210.jpg
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...s/IMAG0213.jpg

Blueflame1979 06-10-2011 07:27 AM

Re: Finished my lift!
 
Kool!! Nnnniiiccee... I was thinking about putting a lift on mine. It sounds like u did it yourself but I would have to take mine in to someone that knows, but congrats! It looks awesome!

antsjeep 06-10-2011 09:12 AM

Re: Finished my lift!
 
Love it bro... im actually doing my install tomorrow... RC 2" with bilsteins. My tires are going on the weekend after. I cant wait!! :D

is it me or does it look like the front sits higher than the rear... im assuming its probably just leveled out now?

jlewissystem 06-10-2011 09:31 AM

Re: Finished my lift!
 
Nice son!!! Welcome to the lifted club! Looking good :thumbsup: On to the next mod... :D

djcodered 06-10-2011 09:39 AM

Re: Finished my lift!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueflame1979 (Post 428432)
Kool!! Nnnniiiccee... I was thinking about putting a lift on mine. It sounds like u did it yourself but I would have to take mine in to someone that knows, but congrats! It looks awesome!

Well WE did it. Couldn't have been done by myself. Or with out the help of "JLEWISSYSTEM".:thumbsup:

Thank You!

djcodered 06-10-2011 09:43 AM

Re: Finished my lift!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by antsjeep (Post 428474)
Love it bro... im actually doing my install tomorrow... RC 2" with bilsteins. My tires are going on the weekend after. I cant wait!! :D

is it me or does it look like the front sits higher than the rear... im assuming its probably just leveled out now?

Good luck on your install, I hope you don't encounter the problems we did...rust!!!! ugh!

Yes it does look higher, we did put the "Front Strut Leveler Spacer" on as well...but with that and the lift, Bilsteins and the bigger tires, I had to have gone up a good 3inches or more!

I am looking for a great way to determine if it really sits higher. Right now, my best guess knowing We did nothing different than what I stated above, it is level now but the front wheel well is actually cut "Larger" and the hood is higher than the chrome along the bottom of the windows..so maybe its giving the illusion of sitting higher? I could be way off and it is sitting higher, but....I LOVE IT! and with all the work we did and troubles we ran into...yeah not reversing it for ANYTHING!

djcodered 06-10-2011 09:45 AM

Re: Finished my lift!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlewissystem (Post 428483)
Nice son!!! Welcome to the lifted club! Looking good :thumbsup: On to the next mod... :D

Thank You Jlewis..

Couldn't have done it without you seriously!!! Hmm next mod...Any one know where to get the 4xGuard Skids for cheap? :D Looking to start with the Belly Guard. :eek:

JeepCoop 06-10-2011 10:02 AM

Looks great brother and welcome to the RC / Bilstein lift crew!! Now go get diiiirty

I want a 4xguard front skid to complete my front end. Find me one cheap too lol

jlewissystem 06-10-2011 10:21 AM

Re: Finished my lift!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by djcodered (Post 428496)
Thank You Jlewis..

Couldn't have done it without you seriously!!! Hmm next mod...Any one know where to get the 4xGuard Skids for cheap? :D Looking to start with the Belly Guard. :eek:

No problem my friend! Glad i could help!

jlewissystem 06-10-2011 10:33 AM

Re: Finished my lift!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by djcodered (Post 428496)
Thank You Jlewis..

Couldn't have done it without you seriously!!! Hmm next mod...Any one know where to get the 4xGuard Skids for cheap? :D Looking to start with the Belly Guard. :eek:

No problem my friend! Glad i could help!


SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST....

antsjeep 06-10-2011 11:02 AM

Re: Finished my lift!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by djcodered (Post 428494)
Good luck on your install, I hope you don't encounter the problems we did...rust!!!! ugh!

Yes it does look higher, we did put the "Front Strut Leveler Spacer" on as well...but with that and the lift, Bilsteins and the bigger tires, I had to have gone up a good 3inches or more!

those spacers would definitly explain the front end looking a bit higher... i cant wait for tomorrow.

dmlong47 06-10-2011 11:32 AM

Re: Finished my lift!
 
alot of people try to level there wk jeep but i think its just the lines of the jeep that make seem its not


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community