Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Question....get one now or order? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/question-get-one-now-or-order-24261.html)

JVBW0527 06-10-2011 10:57 AM

Question....get one now or order?

Ok, so i have a dilemma. I will be a first time Jeep owner and I'm very excited to get one......:)
Now, Should i get a 2011 Grand cherokee with the only the luxury group now, or wait and order a 2012 with the luxury group and adaptive cruise package? (which i what i really wanted originally but found out when i went to the dealer at the end of may they stopped taking orders for 2011's)

Does anyone think the adaptive cruise package is worth it to wait and order one with it?

thanks!!
Jackie

Curly 06-10-2011 11:08 AM

Re: Question....get one now or order?

I would wait. I love the ACC and the blind spot monitoring is almost a must have (IMHO). The rear cross path detection has come in handy also.

MikeD 06-10-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly (Post 428563)
I would wait. I love the ACC and the blind spot monitoring is almost a must have (IMHO). The rear cross path detection has come in handy also.

I would wait also, ACC is really nice and if you get the Hemi you will have the 6 spd Trans as well.

ColdCase 06-10-2011 12:17 PM

Not sure if its worth all the price increases as well as the sticker price to you, but advanced warning and adaptive cruise is one of my favorite features. It works very well for me.

dubwarren 06-10-2011 05:30 PM

There should be some on the lots with the options you want, right? No?

JVBW0527 06-10-2011 06:45 PM

I wish!....LOL We went to a Jeep dealer at the end of May and they tried to locate one. Stone white limited V6, frost beige interior, luxury group, upgraded nav, and adaptive cruise package. They couldn't find not one!

They told us they had stopped taking orders on 2011's......grrrrr:(
so we couldn't order one then either

dubwarren 06-10-2011 10:02 PM

you've already tried the jeep website to locate a jeep with those specs I'm sure so I guess you're stuck. Man waiting sucks!! Good luck I hope it works out for you!!!

Candy Girl 06-11-2011 02:36 AM

Definitely get those options. They are worth it! I love mine!

Jeeters 06-11-2011 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVBW0527 (Post 428788)
I wish!....LOL We went to a Jeep dealer at the end of May and they tried to locate one. Stone white limited V6, frost beige interior, luxury group, upgraded nav, and adaptive cruise package. They couldn't find not one!

There are very few Limiteds, or Laredo X's for that matter, at any of the Jeep dealers in my area. Almost everything is Overlands and base Lardedos. Not much 'in the middle', though.

JVBW0527 06-11-2011 09:35 AM

Waiting definitely sucks!....LOL But we decided last night that we aren't going to just rush into getting one now, and we are going to order a 2012 with everything i want!...:)

I know myself and if get one now without the adaptive cruise I'm going to regret it and everytime i see a car with it I'll be mad that i don't have it......LOL

dubwarren 06-11-2011 10:27 AM

That's how I felt with my 08 limited, I wanted the hemi but ended up getting the 4.7 v8 instead. I was mad everytime I saw one with the 5.7. I fixed that with 2011 though. Good luck!