Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   2012 srt Cherokee hood (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/2012-srt-cherokee-hood-24314.html)

Poolguyz 06-12-2011 08:56 AM

2012 srt Cherokee hood

What are your guyz thoughts on the srt hood do you think shortly after the release of the 2012 Cherokee srt they will make the hood available for the 2011 grand Cherokee. Would it but a perfect fit. Would it be a whole body kit setup with front bumpers and everything?

mjw930 06-12-2011 09:01 AM

Re: 2012 srt Cherokee hood

My thoughts, your "Laredo" (or whatever version) becomes a poser mobile. It's not an SRT8, don't pollute the brand by dolling up a lesser model to make it "look like" it's more than it is.

You asked for our thoughts........ Those are mine.

Scottina06 06-12-2011 09:11 AM

Mine are...its your truck...do what you want. I guess Im just a poser...maybe as a person as well....who knows. To me taking a few parts from a Jeep is not being a poser...its customizing to your likes. Jeep doesnt have the HUGE aftermarkets like other vehicles...so there are no other bumpers, hoods etc. to choose from. Dont let ANYONE discourage you to not do what you like. Its really none of their business. I'd like to say that Ive furthered the wk platform with my mods and what Ive done. I could care less what anyone elses opinion. Its not like the SRT is a ferrari.

The SRT hood will fit perfect on the 2011 non-SRT. The only difference is the scoops.

mjw930 06-12-2011 09:26 AM

I knew my comment would strike a nerve, don't take it personally.

I'm old school, I believe there's a difference between "Customizing" and "Modifying". Customizing is when you take a unique design and apply it to a mass produced product to make it "Custom". Modifying is taking that same mass produced product and attach off the shelf parts to make it look like another mass produced product.

I had the same "issue" with the "turbo look" Porsche's the factory produced in the '80's and labeled them "poser mobiles" way back then.

The bottom line is you do what makes YOU happy but don't pose the question. "What do you think" unless you are prepared to hear all sides. Far too often people pose those questions looking for positive reinforcement then take it personally when someone dissents. It's not a personal attack, just an opinion and we all know opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and some are bigger than others ;)

Scottina06 06-12-2011 09:40 AM

BUT...the OP didnt pose the question you are referring to. He asked would the SRT hood be available...along with other parts....

and it will.....

mjw930 06-12-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 429352)
BUT...the OP didnt pose the question you are referring to. He asked would the SRT hood be available...along with other parts....

and it will.....

You're right, I over reacted. :whistle:

But based on his question we all know he's looking to take a stock WK2 and turn it into an SRT8 look alike. I don't agree with that whole concept but I do agree my reply was a but terse and condescending so for that I apologize.

Poolguyz 06-12-2011 10:01 AM

Belive me Iam not trying to make it a srt I just really like the hood thats why I asked if it would come in a hole body kit or can you just get the hood cause the bumpers don't really do anything for me. Don't get me wrong the srt is one of the best looking (sports) suv's I've ever seen and I would love to own it but I just bought a limited 4x4 2 weeks ago so the chances of me owning one rite now are slim

tri0829 06-12-2011 10:07 AM

I dont think it pollutes the brand, if anything it promotes it. People see what a Jeep can be aside from just the average grocery getter. I think the off road modders and srt modders all promote the Jeep brand further. The average person probably wouldnt even be able to tell the difference between a clone or real deal and imo who really cares. If someone wants to spend the money to do the conversion go for it.

I think the new hoods are sick and if it fits I would want to change mine too if i had the wk2, and put some of the wk srt reps on it in black that would be sick...

Poolguyz 06-12-2011 10:17 AM

I agree 100% tri0829 I think that guy is just a hater.

mjw930 06-12-2011 10:44 AM

Hater! For having an opinion? Whatever....... I simply don't agree with the concept or that it "promotes" the brand. If that makes me a hater then so be it.

I will now bow out of this and other "esthetics" threads since I obviously don't get it.

Scottina06 06-12-2011 12:08 PM

to be honest...I doubt 99.9% of the public cares and maybe 10% of SRT owners. I know my "poser" vehicle has been well accepted.

Dan JGC 06-12-2011 12:55 PM

WHATEVER YOU DO ---- DON'T install 5.7L HEMI badges on a V6!!!

:eek: :D :eek: :lol:

Just kidding.....