Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Black chrome rims on a 2010

5K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  OBXJeep 
#1 ·
Took these with my phone. Ill take some more when the weather gets nicer and I get the truck detailed.

Enjoy

See less See more
#4 ·
sickness!!!

#10 ·
As I said, they look freakin awesome!!!

Please take care of them and NO curbssssssss

#12 ·
thanks guy. i must say, i decided to get them based on a combination of wanting something different/boychiks/my tint guy not letting me get black powdercoat only. my tint guy, who is going to wrap my chrome window moldings today, told me that he has seen 3 srts with black powdercoat in Queens alone. so he made me look into black chrome, and after boychiks was nice enough to give me some details about his own set, i decided to just jump in. so far, very impressed. they look a different shade of color at different times of the day. ive only had them on for 2 days, and so far i got a bunch of compliments, more than the hood, and i got a lot for the hood.

we all know what srts look like. its the combinations of different accessories that make us unique. i try my best to stand out just a little bit, to be different than anyone else. i love the charger style hood, tho many people do not. i love black chrome, tho many people do not. i love carbon fiber accesories, tho many people love carbon fiber hoods instead. i just want to stand out in a crowd, but in a classy way

and to answer some of the questions:

- i was probably at astoria park on friday
- i found them on ebay. a company that handles exchanges. you buy their set, install them, and send your original set back

#14 ·
The compliments will go on and on.. It's actually the first thing most people ask me about my jeep when I go some where. "What color are your rims," or something similar.

Like the '12 300SRT, I think Jeep should have offered them! Black chrome though is growing and is a option on a few of the higher end cars. If I could, I would do black chrome on every vehicle in the household..

#16 ·
Awesome choice dude!

Thats my favorite wheel for sure with the right application! I think 22s look/ride way too big and I just haven't seen any aftermarket wheels that look as god as OEM. Black chrome simply takes an already awesome wheels and ups it one more! Its classy, clean and yet jumps out! It has all the best characteristics a wheel should if you ask me and the engineer got that wheel right, five spoke ftw!.

#17 · (Edited)
thanks man, i totally agree

the last thing i would do is upgrade the tires. to be honest, i feel a small reaction to the "lighter" wheels. the company i bought them from said that the wheels would be lighter, roughly about 2-3 lbs each, but for the first time in nice weather, i felt that they tried to spin out. it was a pretty good feeling

i would go 275s and 315s, but i dont know what company to go for

#18 ·
looks great!

but you gotta do something about those caps

I suggest trying the duplicolor black chrome spray paint since the caps are relatively cheap in case you mess up!

#19 ·
That is money right there, dang that is some mighty fine looking rims!! Great choice. :thumbsup: :drool:

#21 ·
looks great.

#23 ·
Those look awesome! I love silver SRT's. If I ever bought one it would be silver..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.