Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   No pano or rear DVD = no sunroof at all? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/no-pano-or-rear-dvd-no-sunroof-at-all-24361.html)

BuckeyeSRT 06-13-2011 09:52 AM

No pano or rear DVD = no sunroof at all?

Just wondering if the SRT8 comes standard with a single pane sun roof?

mjw930 06-13-2011 10:19 AM

Re: No pano or rear DVD = no sunroof at all?

Agreed it's confusing but based on the PDF published on the jeep.com it looks like the Pano roof is Optional and the single pane is part of a package (Rear DVD). That would mean that if you don't order the package or the Pano roof you get no sunroof at all.

At least that's my take on the data available. I'm betting very few get built this way.

P-Dawger 06-13-2011 12:32 PM

Agreed. I wanted the Pano and I wanted the DVD = FAIL. (why not just put them in the headrests)?

So if you want the DVD you have to settle for the plain sunroof.

Milous 06-13-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-Dawger (Post 430016)
So if you want the DVD you have to settle for the plain sunroof.

And if you want the plain sunroof you have to settle for the DVD.

So if you want a sunroof at all, it's going to cost either $2500 (single sunroof + DVD) or $4200 (pano sunroof + Lux package).

kbench55 06-13-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 430035)
And if you want the plain sunroof you have to settle for the DVD.

So if you want a sunroof at all, it's going to cost either $2500 (single sunroof + DVD) or $4200 (pano sunroof + Lux package).

Is it still the case that us Canadians can just order the Pano roof without the Lux pkg.

Milous 06-13-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbench55 (Post 430041)
Is it still the case that us Canadians can just order the Pano roof without the Lux pkg.

Nope, you're stuck having to purchase the Lux package just like we are.

kbench55 06-13-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 430048)
Nope, you're stuck having to purchase the Lux package just like we are.

Ok thanks. I order back on May 30, and it was listed as a separate option not included with the luxury package.

Do you know if this just automatically changes on the order or do I need to call my dealer?

Thanks

PS. I just talked to my dealer and he said it still shows me having the pano roof but no lux pkg ordered.

Milous 06-13-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbench55 (Post 430099)
PS. I just talked to my dealer and he said it still shows me having the pano roof but no lux pkg ordered.

Interesting, looks like your order slipped through before the package requirement was added.

kbench55 06-13-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 430127)
Interesting, looks like your order slipped through before the package requirement was added.

Does this mean it will eventually change or did I get lucky and get the roof without the package?

GCOverland 06-13-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-Dawger (Post 430016)
Agreed. I wanted the Pano and I wanted the DVD = FAIL. (why not just put them in the headrests)?

...or slightly above the center-console like BMW did on their X5?

That's the $1,000,000-question.:thumbsup:

It was already discussed on regular WK2 and I'm still hoping that this issue can be solved sometime. The accessory-list showed a possible solution but I'm not sure that is still valid (or was ever valid). The way it is right now, Jeep is losing money. With a smarter solution, they could cash in on folks wanting both options - and I bet there are some out there (including me)..:lol:

SRTDogg 06-13-2011 06:34 PM

I disagree, a lot of folks are using handhelds and tablets for entertainment during transport. Jeep is at least still offering the original in-car entertainment type systems, which is the norm, so I think they are doing it right. It's just they are trying to get people to buy all of the options they can, and that is why they have priced and organized them the way they have.

ENFORCER 06-13-2011 09:53 PM

So If I do not order a DVD or Pano roof, will I still get a sunroof ?
If so, can I delete the Sunroof, as I do not like them