Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   goodbye bmw, welcome jeep! good deal ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/goodbye-bmw-welcome-jeep-good-deal-24460.html)

aquaanox 06-14-2011 10:56 PM

goodbye bmw, welcome jeep! good deal ?

so have a somewhat painful letting go of my 335i bmw.. the grand cherokee is home!

Did i get a good deal ?
limited, dark charcoal, 4x4, luxII, 20 inch rims, adaptive cruise and advance warning, 3.6 v6

msrp 43925
negotiated deal 38800

they lured me into the 5 year service plan and a 6 year 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty. I paid $1200 and $1300 for each. This was after a lot of negotiation. Not sure if its worth it ? i figure the electrical stuff might start to have issues down the road and i have no prior experience with Jeep.

Pics tomorrow..

GTOGreg 06-14-2011 11:03 PM

Re: goodbye bmw, welcome jeep! good deal ?

Hell, I let go of my '08 335 vert (w/Vishnu turbo mods) for an '09 Challenger - sold the lease out early. No love lost there. Happier for it. The JGC is icing on the cake. It's all about value...now I have a family vehicle and a fun vehicle for about the price of the Bimmer, which my kids hated because they couldn't play their Nintendo DS, LOL. First kids I've ever heard of that despised a convertible :rolleyes:

BTW, hard to tell if you got a good deal based on the info provided. How much under/over invoice did you pay? I personally stay away from those warranties and dealer add-ons, but depends on what coverage you got specifically - and more importantly, if you USE it. Most of those services they count on you forgetting you had it or are too lazy to use it...just margin padding as a result. If you buy the extended services MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE TERMS, HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE, AND USE THEM AS MUCH AS YOU ARE ENTITLED.

Welcome to Jeep!

MasterWK 06-14-2011 11:10 PM

Welcome to JG! You won't regret your decision!

aquaanox 06-14-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOGreg (Post 431085)
Hell, I let go of my '08 335 vert (w/Vishnu turbo mods) for an '09 Challenger - sold the lease out early. No love lost there. Happier for it. The JGC is icing on the cake. It's all about value...now I have a family vehicle and a fun vehicle for about the price of the Bimmer, which my kids hated because they couldn't play their Nintendo DS, LOL. First kids I've ever heard of that despised a convertible :rolleyes:

Same here. I traded in my lease a year and a half early on the bimmer. This is my first US car btw, and im pleasantly surprised. They did a good job on the wk2.

jgc4ever 06-14-2011 11:37 PM

http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/je...782138,6840352

Bmwister 06-15-2011 01:12 AM

Congrats! Your deal is good. I got mine at $38k with the Hemi, but you have the LuxII group. I added the Jeep to my small family "fleet" as we couldn't part with our beloved sedans, although I haven't driven the A6 in a month. No Bimmers in my garage for over 10 years; BMW has still not completely recovered from their infamous (Chris) Bangle-butt issue, IMHO.

AquaForester 06-15-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquaanox (Post 431101)
Same here. I traded in my lease a year and a half early on the bimmer. This is my first US car btw, and im pleasantly surprised. They did a good job on the wk2.

How did that work? My wife has a bimmer and she wouldn't mind ending her lease early. I think she likes my wk2 better. Congrats on your new truck.

GTOGreg 06-15-2011 09:37 AM

I used swapalease.com. Have ended 4-5 leases early using that site. Allows you to set up your own terms. Now, having said that, it is really easy to do with a BMW though there's a bit of paperwork that changes hands and it generally takes about 3 weeks. The guy that bought my 335 was in Miami, I'm in Cali so there's a big market out there for your lease. You may have to adjust the deal through incentives if you paid too much, market conditions dictate, or it could go the other way too - you put money down on a lease to get the low monthly and now you want some of that back. I've only done it with BMWs, so you will want to check with the leasing finance company of the manufacturer to see what their policy is on lease assumption.

2011JGCL 06-15-2011 08:15 PM

Great decision! I had a 2006 Grand Cherokee and traded it in for a BMW328i in 2009. But I missed my Jeep so much and was really tired of driving and feeling like my ass was dragging the ground so 3 weeks ago I traded the BMW in for a 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited, black w/ black leather interior. I am very happy with my decision!

jgc4ever 06-15-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011JGCL (Post 431661)
Great decision! I had a 2006 Grand Cherokee and traded it in for a BMW328i in 2009. But I missed my Jeep so much and was really tired of driving and feeling like my ass was dragging the ground so 3 weeks ago I traded the BMW in for a 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited, black w/ black leather interior. I am very happy with my decision!

Oh wow! Great choice in the Limited and the black/black color choice. :thumbsup:

hammer1234 06-16-2011 07:20 AM

So for those of you who had a BMW 3 series...was it the Ultimate Driving Machine?

I test drive a few CPO 3 series cars back in 2009 and while I liked them I went with a Volvo S40 instead...cost for new was the same as the 2YO CPO BMWs and it seemed like the Volvo would be more reliable. The S40 has been a decent ride, and time will tell on the reliability front but I've only had one significant repair under warranty so far.

netcoolery 06-16-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammer1234 (Post 431877)
So for those of you who had a BMW 3 series...was it the Ultimate Driving Machine?

I love my new Summit - it's my daily driver. I also own a 23-year old BMW M5 that's been modded for the track. I can assure you that when tear-assing around the local racetrack or driving in a spirited fashion on mountainous rural roads the BMW is indeed the ultimate driving machine.

I can also assure you that for riding comfortably in the urban jungle or off-road in the desert, the Jeep is the choice.

There are (as they say) "horses for courses".