Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Airhorn, Compressor and Air Tank (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/airhorn-compressor-and-air-tank-24492.html)

JeepCoop 06-15-2011 06:21 PM

Airhorn, Compressor and Air Tank

Sup y'all?! So I'm lookin to do this mod relatively soon, and I was wondering who has done any of said things?? I'd love to mount tank under the frame, but there isn't much room. So, I was thinkin about building a lil box in the rear cargo area for the tank, air hose and towing goods. Anyone have any suggestions or anything to help a fellow Jeeper out?! All advice and responses are greatly appreciated!! :D

TheAngryMinnow 06-15-2011 08:59 PM

Re: Airhorn, Compressor and Air Tank

not familiar with any "box" in the back that would fit an air compressor.

JeepCoop 06-15-2011 09:06 PM

I think I can fit the compressor underneath.

RedRocker 06-16-2011 07:40 AM

If you're looking for space to mount a compressor - there's some space behind the passenger side front bumper cover (there are a couple horns there, but you can probably find room for a compressor there). There's also some room between the grill and the radiator - maybe mount the compressor behind the bumper cover, fab up a slim tank for behind the grill and put the air horns on top of the tank (which is behind the grill).

In my engine bay there's some room on the passenger side firewall - I relocated my windshield washer reservoir to that location.

JeepCoop 06-16-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRocker (Post 431884)
If you're looking for space to mount a compressor - there's some space behind the passenger side front bumper cover (there are a couple horns there, but you can probably find room for a compressor there). There's also some room between the grill and the radiator - maybe mount the compressor behind the bumper cover, fab up a slim tank for behind the grill and put the air horns on top of the tank (which is behind the grill).

In my engine bay there's some room on the passenger side firewall - I relocated my windshield washer reservoir to that location.

Good stuff man thanks a lot. Gonna look around these spots later today. Thanks again!! :thumbsup:

Chaoul1 06-16-2011 01:54 PM

Look up HornBlasters on Youtube. You'll get a better idea!

JeepCoop 06-16-2011 01:57 PM

Thanks, Paul. You always got the goods ;)

briteway 06-16-2011 02:05 PM

Another idea is to build a "Z" shape bash plate to go from the radiator down to the factory "plastic" bash plate and use the space above it. This is what I'm doing at the moment. I'm actually getting 3 bash plates custom built and am going to put the compressor above it.

JeepCoop 06-16-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briteway (Post 432065)
Another idea is to build a "Z" shape bash plate to go from the radiator down to the factory "plastic" bash plate and use the space above it. This is what I'm doing at the moment. I'm actually getting 3 bash plates custom built and am going to put the compressor above it.

Sounds good. Take some pics when you do. Thanks!!!

jlewissystem 06-16-2011 02:31 PM

Coop - you're doing this!?! That's SWEET MAN!!! I'll need some pics and even better - VIDS!!! Good luck with your build man!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

JeepCoop 06-16-2011 02:49 PM

Yup, I am going to be doing this mod very soon!! Ill take plenty of pics and video when done. I'll even throw a "How To" perhaps! Cant wait to have the air horn, and air if I ever need it, or anyone else needs air! :w00t:

Galaxie500 06-16-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 432054)
Look up HornBlasters on Youtube. You'll get a better idea!

X2 I have sen this video, cool mod.