Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   Reduced A/C flow (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/reduced-a-c-flow-24523.html)

BackwoodsBarbieJeep 06-16-2011 01:12 PM

Reduced A/C flow

Does anyone have an issue with a reduced air flow on the passenger side?!
The driver's side blows hard. But barely any air comes out of the passengers side.
I have had my whole dash out when we had to fix the a/c system. Am I the only one?!
The middle dash vents have the same opening. but it only comes out of one.

aogden 06-19-2011 07:04 PM

Re: Reduced A/C flow

I've noticed the same thing with my 02. Seeing as how I'm always the driver the only one that gets pissed about it is my wife. Never bothered to try to figure it out.

Frango100 06-19-2011 10:00 PM

There is at least one more thread about this and i think that the problem was never found. On my Jeep there is some difference between drivers side and passenger side, but not that much.
Before you had the whole dash taken out, the problem was not there? Is there any change when you select Lo or Hi (expect that you have the automatic zone control system) temp? The air will take the way of the least resistance, so or there is some duct loose, or there is some obstruction on the passenger side duct(s). I have never had the HVAC housing open, but there could be something (leaves/rags etc) blocking the airconditioning evaporator partly.
When you close the air outlets on the drivers side, will the flow on the passenger side increase significantly?

CherokeeOnToyos 06-19-2011 10:57 PM

Same Thing Here...

BackwoodsBarbieJeep 06-20-2011 07:26 AM

When we had the entire dash out everything was clear. My mechanic replaced all the blend doors etc. and inspected all the foam.
Unfortunatley there is no difference when the driver's side is shut.
Guess it's just something my passengers will have to deal with.. :p

Frango100 06-20-2011 08:00 AM

Strange that the airflow doesn´t increase with the drivers side shut. Are you sure that the air outlets are opening normally at the passengers side?

jeffrey1 06-29-2011 06:22 PM

I have the same problem in my 03 limited driver side blows stronger then passenger side

ChiefNWA 06-29-2011 06:38 PM

I have the same problem... Mine doesn't get that cold either. Really annoying living down here in Florida.

TJXJWJ 06-29-2011 09:38 PM

I have this same issue...except I thought it was normal. Doesn't the dual climate control have an ambient temp sensor? Maybe the sensor is reading that there is more heat on the drivers side (which makes sense when you're sitting there) and then compensates for that by increasing volume to that side.

I wonder what would happen if you let it run with the AC on and sat on the passenger's side?

Frango100 06-30-2011 10:11 PM

There is indeed a dual infrared temperature sensor, which the system uses, together with the selected temperature, to regulate the blend doors. When opening a blend door, more air from that respective side, will pass true the heater core. But there is no separate volume control for both sides in the system.

Redcivic47 12-29-2011 05:34 PM

Same here

Slvr02Laredo 12-27-2012 11:06 PM

I know this is a really old thread, but is rather not make a new thread on the topic. Has anyone ever figured out this issue?? I know it's not anything to do with the dual climate control cause I have just the regular knobs. It's just the vent system in general. It must be a flab not responding correctly and not opening all the way