Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Braided Hose Sleeve - Done

6K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  jlewissystem 
#1 ·
Going to the local car shows lately had WAY too many ideas going through my head.....the latest is sprucing up the engine bay. Besides my cheesy color matched red(but they do match my calipers and struts - think theme people...) and more than custom air intake, I went with braided hose sleeving and ordered Spectre Magnabraid and Magnaclamps: did the catch can lines, upper radiator hose, radiator reservoir hose, breather tube and power steering pump hose. To each their own on this one.....I like it.....need to let it marinate for a bit :)

Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Automotive engine part

Land vehicle Vehicle Engine Car Auto part

Land vehicle Vehicle Engine Car Auto part

See less See more
Reactions: 08Hemi
#3 ·
Lookin good Jason....
now you should be ready for some more car shows. :thumbsup:

#4 ·
Thanks both of you! :) Joe - i know it, although I'm not gunna be able to make MoparFest. I wish we could, we just have too much going on this weekend. I know you guys will have fun - rep the WK's :D

#6 ·
That is what I want to do. I did all the other hoses but not the raditor one, Where did you get the hose? Here is what I have done to my engine.

Attachments

#7 ·
Hi Guys,
I dont even remember how much it all cost, cuz i did so much trial and error, I kept sending $hit back. I did get it all from Amazon and here's what i used:

Hose Sleeving:
Spectre MagnaBraid Hose Sleeving 2008b
Qty: 1
Radiator reservoir hose

Spectre MagnaBraid Hose Sleeving 3008b
Qty: 2
Catch can hoses
Breather tube hose
Power steering pump hose

Spectre MagnaBraid Hose Sleeving 6008b
Qty: 1
Radiator hose

Clamps:
Spectre MagnaClamp 2268
Radiator reservoir hose

Spectre MagnaClamp 3268
Qty: 6
Catch can hoses
Breather tube

Spectre MagnaClamp 3468
Power steering pump hose

Upper radiator hose is funny.....it requires 2 diff sizes of clamps...i'm only rocking 1.....here you go:
Spectre MagnaClamp 5168
Spectre MagnaClamp 6168

#9 ·
That is really, really tidy!!!

I guess you do need to take the hoses off to fit it though, which kinda puts me off a little since I just had my coolant changed...

#11 ·
I know it sounds like a PITA, but I BARELY lost any fluid, just did it on a cool engine and only took off the radiator side of the upper hose -->used a freezer bag to catch the fluid. It wasn't that messy. If it is, then you have an excuse to clean that engine bay ;):thumbsup:

#10 ·
Clean under there.

I'm really afraid to clean and hose down under the hood. Dammit.

#12 ·
thanks! I was too, but said F*$% it.....did the simple green clean and hosed it off. Then just waited for it to try and TA-DA! :D

#13 ·
Did you spray any Armor All?

#14 ·
I used the Meguiar's Natural Shine, but same thing. When it was freshly done - you couldn't compare how clean it looked - looked like you wanted to eat it :D

#15 ·
Did you clean the fuse boxes by hand?

#16 ·
No. i didn't pay any attention to anything really. I mixed the simple green 2:1 with water, as someone did on the how-to engine bay clean thread. Did about 4 laps with a sprayer, let it sit for 15, rinsed, 2 more laps, rinse, let dry, spray on the Natural shine and drive around for a bit so it can "bake" in :) I dont have a good pic of right after I did the natural shine, but it has that wet look. It looks like you could get another 2K outta the thing if you sold it :lol: but it looks awesome!:thumbsup:

#21 ·
Thanks man!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: I appreciate it :)

#22 ·
Where are your spark plug wires? mine run right across the top and look like shit! I wanna take care of that asap!

#24 ·
I saw that - good job yourself!! :D

#26 ·
Thanks!! FAUX that wood :) You'll like ANYTHING if you dont like that wood :lol: Hurry up! :) That'll look smooth!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.