Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Mopar: No Wheel Options (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/mopar-no-wheel-options-24564.html)

AquaForester 06-17-2011 10:01 AM

Mopar: No Wheel Options
 
I'm doing some research on replacing the wheels on my laredo-X. Does anyone know why Mopar doesn't have any wheels available for the WK2?

ColdCase 06-17-2011 10:40 AM

Re: Mopar: No Wheel Options
 
What do you mean by not available? Most of the OEM wheels are available through a dealer (usually the collision catalog), and then there is a couple other 18 and 20 inch styles available via the accessory catalog.

AquaForester 06-17-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 432590)
What do you mean by not available? Most of the OEM wheels are available through a dealer (usually the collision catalog), and then there is a couple other 18 and 20 inch styles available via the accessory catalog.

Via mopar website for JGC


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gomaximo 06-17-2011 05:37 PM

Re: Mopar: No Wheel Options
 
check this website

http://parts.mopar.com/

go to tab Jeep Parts

go to grand cherokee parts

check on Wheels

check on wheels, tires and hardware
:thumbsup:

AquaForester 06-17-2011 05:59 PM

Re: Mopar: No Wheel Options
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gomaximo (Post 432827)
check this website

http://parts.mopar.com/

go to tab Jeep Parts

go to grand cherokee parts

check on Wheels

check on wheels, tires and hardware
:thumbsup:

Thanks that's where I was looking, apparently I did what you did but nothing came up. until you click on wheels and hardware after you click on wheels tires and hardware.

So looks like all the wheels are there including the 70th Anniversary ones with no price. They don't even have pictures just an illustration of each wheel. :(

ColdCase 06-17-2011 07:34 PM

Re: Mopar: No Wheel Options
 
You can try this link too, but these are mopar OEM catalogs, they don't have photos.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

AquaForester 06-17-2011 07:44 PM

Re: Mopar: No Wheel Options
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 432903)
You can try this link too, but these are mopar OEM catalogs, they don't have photos.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

Thanks for that link. Wow looks like the 20" Overland/Limited Rim is only $292 at Trademotion and $424 at the Mopar E Store. Unless something isn't right, that's a huge difference.

mjw930 06-17-2011 08:03 PM

Re: Mopar: No Wheel Options
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaForester (Post 432915)
Thanks for that link. Wow looks like the 20" Overland/Limited Rim is only $292 at Trademotion and $424 at the Mopar E Store. Unless something isn't right, that's a huge difference.

Yes, it is a big difference, that's why it pays to shop. Trademotion is an Autonation company, they make money on volume and discount better than almost every dealer out there. I got factory VW rims for my wife's GTI for less than I sold the originals for on eBay ;)

moosehead 06-17-2011 08:17 PM

Try justforjeeps.com, they have 3+ wk2 wheels available, plus tpms sensors. Can't remember, but check the vendor section for Jeep Garage discount code.

AquaForester 06-17-2011 09:53 PM

Re: Mopar: No Wheel Options
 
Thanks for that add'l info. I really like the 20" Anniv wheels. Anyone know a good tire to pair with the 20" rims for on/off road.

ColdCase 06-18-2011 10:06 AM

Re: Mopar: No Wheel Options
 
What kind of off road? Typically 20s and off road don't mix, not enough side wall. You could probably do mild off road and sand OK. You will have a broader selection of 18 inch on/off road tires. Look through the reviews at Tirerack.com to get an idea of what may be available. There is also a tire thread here to research.

AquaForester 06-18-2011 05:44 PM

Re: Mopar: No Wheel Options
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdCase (Post 433216)
What kind of off road? Typically 20s and off road don't mix, not enough side wall. You could probably do mild off road and sand OK. You will have a broader selection of 18 inch on/off road tires. Look through the reviews at Tirerack.com to get an idea of what may be available. There is also a tire thread here to research.

Nothing extreme. I just have QT-1 so pretty much like you said mild off-road and sand. I'll check out tirerack and the forum for more info, thanks. BTW does anyone know if you can go to 20" rims on Laredo X without any mod. Did the limited get mod if you take 20" option as well as Laredo 70th Anniv which comes with 20".


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community