Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Weathertech rear cargo liner impressions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/weathertech-rear-cargo-liner-impressions-24588.html)

MJRLaw 06-17-2011 05:42 PM

Weathertech rear cargo liner impressions

4 Attachment(s)
Just got my new Weathertech rear cargo liner and here are my inioal impressions. Quality is what you expect from WT- very nice, tough plastic that's going to survive what I out it through. The fit... Well it's good but not blown away- in all fairness it has to relax a little and maybe it'll fit the way I like it. It covers everything but feels almost a tad too wide for the rear between the sub and the other side. Have to report back after it flattens out a little. Gets my recommendation.

phisch 06-17-2011 06:36 PM

Re: Weathertech rear cargo liner impressions

I just ordered the one from justforjeeps. Does the WT one cover up the tie down loops behind the seats? It appears that it does which is why I opted for the other. The fitment looks good though! Now you can haul some mulch!

Hollywood 06-17-2011 08:08 PM

Yeah, the OEM Jeep one is FANTASTIC!! Definitely (from the looks of your pics), a much better fit.

MJRLaw 06-17-2011 08:16 PM

This does cover the tie downs closest the back of the seat. It fits up to the back very tight though, so I lose rear tie downs and gain a teeny bit of coverage. Let me see some pics of the Jeep rear mat

phisch 06-17-2011 10:13 PM

We have a dog crate to tie down, so I had to have those available. I'll have it tomorrow when we get back from the Kentucky Bourbon Trail tour we are on right now. I'll post pics tomorrow. I like the flatness of the WT liner though. How easy/hard is it to access the spare tire area with the liner installed? I keep all my bungie straps under there.

GTOGreg 06-18-2011 03:13 AM

I'd leave it out in the sun to bake for 3-4 hours then try refitting it. Otherwise, looks great and a nice addition.

MJRLaw 06-18-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOGreg (Post 433150)
I'd leave it out in the sun to bake for 3-4 hours then try refitting it. Otherwise, looks great and a nice addition.

That's a good idea- I left it in the car overnight with something heavy at each corner to expedite the flattening.

Seems just as easy to get to spare- just lift the mat a little to get to access handle and you're good to go. The liner isn't like jammed in there- fits nicely.

Hollywood 06-18-2011 09:24 AM

Here's a pic of the OEM Liner. Very thick yet pliable, and I LOVE the fit and "JEEP" logo! ;)

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...g?t=1308406987

SHopkinson 06-18-2011 11:53 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pictures installed in my Jeep... I like it... fit is good.

Jynx 06-18-2011 12:26 PM

I prefer the WT cargo liner for the lip around the edges and it fits and looks amazing. It has saved the back of my overland from getting soaked and soiled more then a few times.

1200RT-P 06-18-2011 01:58 PM

thanks for posting this! I've been town between the WT product and the factory jeep one. It looks like the WT mat would be best if you're hauling something that may leak or is already slightly damp. It looks like the Jeep product is best to simply protect the carpet, but does not provide as much coverage as the WT one.

For me, i think the jeep one may work best, as my goal is just to have a layer or protection between the carpet and whatever work gear I throw back there.

Hollywood 06-18-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1200RT-P (Post 433306)
For me, i think the jeep one may work best, as my goal is just to have a layer or protection between the carpet and whatever work gear I throw back there.

:thumbsup: