Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   I just can't believe it... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/i-just-cant-believe-it-24624.html)

Dan JGC 06-18-2011 07:38 PM

I just can't believe it...

...I was walking down a long pathway with long steps about half a story up and my Brilliant Black Summit was parked at the end of the pathway. Being up a bit higher than the WK2 I could see the interior really well in the South Florida sun and all I could do is admire what a perfect color combo the Brilliant Black Summit is. The Saddle leather and Black Olive wood trim looked fantastic. Absolutely the best choice for me and sooo glad I ordered...was worth the wait.

Had stopped to get a quick bit to eat after that and looking out the McD's window I see a black BMW X5 pull in and park two spaces from my WK2 in the nearly empty parking lot. So as I ate I was comparing the two exteriors...without a doubt, the Summit looked better, more solid, and more luxurious.

Then as I was driving back home I see Porshe Cayenne (not uncommon in the Miami Beach area) with an interior color nearly identical to my Saddle. Seats, dash, etc. Nice. Then a few minutes later a Bentley (not uncommon here either) drives by with an interior like Saddle too. Nice again.

A couple of years ago I was toying with the idea of going the MB/BMW route. Glad I stuck with the Jeep GC's... :thumbsup:

jgc4ever 06-18-2011 07:42 PM

Re: I just can't believe it...

Do you like your Jeep GC looks better than the Cayenne you saw?

Dan JGC 06-18-2011 07:59 PM

^^^ Haven't driven one...has gotten good reviews but a Porshe SUV...really???...what if Jeep built a high performance two door sports car (no, not SRT8 Wrangler LOL)...somethings are just odd IMHO.

Candy Girl 06-18-2011 09:04 PM

Dan, you are right. Our Jeeps are really rich and classy looking and they have real off road capabilities. I can't tell you how many complements I have gotten on my Jeep not to mention the admiring looks from other motorists. And, the price is sure a lot less than the vehicles you mentioned! Chrysler hit a home run on our babies! (I have 590 miles on her and by the end of the weekend, there will be another 200 added)!

1200RT-P 06-18-2011 09:24 PM

I've been enjoying the comments from friends approaching my jeep from the back - "hey, didn't you get a Jeep? That looks like a BMW".

jgc4ever 06-18-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan JGC (Post 433470)
^^^ Haven't driven one...has gotten good reviews but a Porshe SUV...really???...what if Jeep built a high performance two door sports car (no, not SRT8 Wrangler LOL)...somethings are just odd IMHO.

I test drove a 2011 Cayenne V6 - rides really rough, on rough roads though, but still, I like my '05 Limited ride a little better especially on rough streets. The 8 speed Cayenne V6 shifted really smooth. In sport mode where it does start in 1st gear (starts in 2nd gear in normal mode), it still seemed to hesitate off the line, but that could just be because I wasn't use to how much pressure to apply to the gas, and I was trying to drive carefully as it was a test drive at the local Porsche dealership.

NHman 06-18-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan JGC (Post 433455)
A couple of years ago I was toying with the idea of going the MB/BMW route. Glad I stuck with the Jeep GC's... :thumbsup:

While I don't own a JGC, yet, I have taken the Overland w/ the Hemi on numerous test drives. In my opinion the JGC offers a good value proposition. There is a lot of content for the purchase price between $42-44k (based on the Overland). The styling has always been good and remains so with the WK2.

The others brands also can be stunning such as an X5 M-sport or X5M, Q7 S-Line or Cayenne S or Turbo. The MB offerings will not win any design awards.

You made a good choice. Enjoy the vehicle.

Regards,
NHman

Dan JGC 06-19-2011 12:45 AM

Yep Candy Girl and 1200RT-P - Seems like I get comments every time I go out. Forgot to mention that on todays' outing a guy in a white Dodge mini-van stopped about two car lengths before the car in front of him at the stop light and was staring into my Summit! I didn't notice at first since he was on the passengers side not nose to nose with me but I turned to my right since I noticed the big gap in the lane next to me and caught the guy staring into my Summit admiring it. It's gotta be the Saddle interior that catches people's eye.

Candy Girl 06-20-2011 07:39 PM

Dan, just today I had to take our motor home in for some work and needed the Jeep to get it matched in height with the hitch and the guys there were really impressed and loved it. Yes, they really liked the interior. You may have hit the nail on the head there. It is a stunning vehicle! 810 miles now!!! Will have her serviced next week at the approximately 1K mark. Absolutely LOVE this vehicle!!!

Andrew Klossner 06-20-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy Girl (Post 434565)
Will have her serviced next week at the approximately 1K mark.

What service do you need at 1000 miles? :confused:

Mlebout 06-21-2011 06:23 AM

Felt like a little kid last night, on Christmas Eve. Picking mine up today!!!

Candy Girl 06-21-2011 06:50 AM

Firs toil change. When my vehice is new, I always get the oil changed at 1K. Then I will follow the manual-or the Jeep. I must admit that I do not feel comfortable letting it go 8K. I most likely will do services sooner. I shall see how things go.