Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Big Overhaul Tomorrow (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/big-overhaul-tomorrow-24638.html)

Crestwood1001 06-19-2011 12:15 PM

Big Overhaul Tomorrow

Tomorrow morning at 9am my 05 WK is going in for an over haul. Shes getting new spark plugs, coolant, oil, brake fluid, and new brake pads and rotors. Anything in particular I should let him know when preforming that work or just let him do his thing? My mechanics and good guy, my familys been using him for years, hes and indy not some chain store BS. Pretty excited to get her back all fresh!

Bleeding Blue 06-19-2011 01:22 PM

Re: Big Overhaul Tomorrow

Might as well change the diff. fluid front/rear, transfer case, and transmission fluid while you are at it

Crestwood1001 06-19-2011 01:27 PM

If money wasnt an object I would lol thats gonna be done in a few weeks.

Bleeding Blue 06-19-2011 01:38 PM

My fault, I misread your post and thought you were asking about other things he should do....

Crestwood1001 06-19-2011 02:21 PM

Lol its all good bro, I appreciate the ideas. Im doing it a little at a time trying to get her nice and cleaned up haha

Bleeding Blue 06-19-2011 02:24 PM

I bought my 05' in february and have been doing the same thing 1 step at a time. I am having trouble with the transfer case though, bc there is a bracket that make it so you cant fit a 12mm allen wrench in there to loosen the plug. Im gonna have to cut one down eventually to get to it...

dr.lee.baugh 06-20-2011 07:11 AM

If you spend some time looking around, you can find an allen key that will fit without having to cut one down.

And of course, as has been mentioned numerous times before, make sure you remove the fill plug before the drain plug!

Crestwood1001 06-20-2011 10:28 PM

So I took it in for the work, and they started off with the brakes, we were talking while they were taking them apart, fronts were ok, rotors were getting iffy but they were acceptable. They they got to the rears. The rotors were rotted through in every sense of the word, they litterally fell apart when he smacked the rotor to break it loose from the hub.
So since I was already there I had him order some new rotors and he had them in within a half hour. While we waited they did the spark plugs and cleaned my throttle body. Lets just say the plugs have never been changed and boy were they low! My mpg's have gone up almost 2mpg average.
The rotors came in and they set everything up and I took her home. Final bill was 348$ for the four rotors and the labor for the rotors and plugs, not bad at all and boy is it nice to have brakes that work!