Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2012 JGC, what are you hearing for delivery? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2012-jgc-what-are-you-hearing-for-delivery-24667.html)

NHman 06-20-2011 07:42 AM

2012 JGC, what are you hearing for delivery?
 
From what I have read in the post for 2012 changes production is to begin July 18th (or somewhere around that date). Are dealers giving estimates on delivery time to their location? My thinking would be mid to late August for the color options available. What is an average timeline from the start of vehicle production to delivery?




Thanks,
NHman

Lingohocken 06-20-2011 01:36 PM

Re: 2012 JGC, what are you hearing for delivery?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NHman (Post 434153)
From what I have read in the post for 2012 changes production is to begin July 18th (or somewhere around that date). Are dealers giving estimates on delivery time to their location? My thinking would be mid to late August for the color options available. What is an average timeline from the start of vehicle production to delivery?

Amen to that. My theory, utterly unproven, is that orders before the final pricing is made public (on or before 7/18) are mainly for dealers' opening inventory. If so, that implies much earlier delivery (August?) than if you place an order after 7/18, when the public at large has lined up to place orders.

oldguy 06-20-2011 07:18 PM

Re: 2012 JGC, what are you hearing for delivery?
 
My 2011 metallic gray Limited, V6 is going on 14 weeks. Any reason to believe the 2012 will be built and DELIVERED any faster? :rolleyes:

nlowell 06-20-2011 07:23 PM

Re: 2012 JGC, what are you hearing for delivery?
 
I thought they were done with the 2011's (or are they just done with orders?) Either way, bummer! I hope you get it soon!

nlowell 06-22-2011 12:48 PM

Re: 2012 JGC, what are you hearing for delivery?
 
Dealership just called and said they got a call from Chrysler regarding my order.

They were told that the order, while in the system, won't be officially processed and started until July 5th and the builds will start on July 20th. The July 20th matches Milous's statements so that is good. I guess VINs won't be handed out until the July 5th timeframe then? Who knows, it's hard getting 4th hand knowledge (Chrysler to Owner to Sales Rep to Me).

I did find out that the $1,000 conquest cash can be applied to orders since the order was made while the rebate was in effect. They are going to notate my file and include a copy of the rebate details. Hopefully they don't forget their commitment by the time my vehicle comes in :)

Ok, time to go back to impatiently waiting =)

xcespwr 06-22-2011 04:42 PM

Re: 2012 JGC, what are you hearing for delivery?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nlowell (Post 435777)
Dealership just called and said they got a call from Chrysler regarding my order.

They were told that the order, while in the system, won't be officially processed and started until July 5th and the builds will start on July 20th. The July 20th matches Milous's statements so that is good. I guess VINs won't be handed out until the July 5th timeframe then? Who knows, it's hard getting 4th hand knowledge (Chrysler to Owner to Sales Rep to Me).

I did find out that the $1,000 conquest cash can be applied to orders since the order was made while the rebate was in effect. They are going to notate my file and include a copy of the rebate details. Hopefully they don't forget their commitment by the time my vehicle comes in :)

Ok, time to go back to impatiently waiting =)

I just got an email from my dealer saying that my 2012 order went into D status and he gave me a VIN. No time frame for delivery until D1.

Candy Girl 06-22-2011 05:20 PM

Re: 2012 JGC, what are you hearing for delivery?
 
What is the conquest cash and how does one qualify??? I took delivery of my Overland on 6/4. Can I try to get this??? My dealer told me there were no incentives that day.

nlowell 06-22-2011 05:28 PM

Re: 2012 JGC, what are you hearing for delivery?
 
Conquest cash is $1000 rebate for lesees of competitive (non Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep) vehicles. You have to show proof of registration.

Dealership told me no incentives as well but I found it on JG and the dealership verified. Might be too late if you already bought but worth a phone call.

Xcespwr, I'm jealous! What color did you get and when did you order? My sales guy said that my build would not happen until July because of the red, but I dis-regarded the red part since I knew builds weren't starting until July anyways.

xcespwr 06-22-2011 11:33 PM

Re: 2012 JGC, what are you hearing for delivery?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nlowell (Post 435935)
Conquest cash is $1000 rebate for lesees of competitive (non Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep) vehicles. You have to show proof of registration.

Dealership told me no incentives as well but I found it on JG and the dealership verified. Might be too late if you already bought but worth a phone call.

Xcespwr, I'm jealous! What color did you get and when did you order? My sales guy said that my build would not happen until July because of the red, but I dis-regarded the red part since I knew builds weren't starting until July anyways.

Overland 4x4 V8, ACC, Mineral Grey, Black. Ordered (VON assigned) June 17. I think I saw another 2012 order get a VIN as well.

Candy Girl 06-23-2011 05:21 PM

Re: 2012 JGC, what are you hearing for delivery?
 
Thanks, nlowell. I did not have a lease. I had another Jeep and I owned it, so no luck for me. I really think that they should give a loyalty rebate and what is worse, I had two cash back offers mailed to me over several months, but my vehicle was not here to use them and once they were gone, they were gone.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community