Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Im debating... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/im-debating-24717.html)

viking757 06-21-2011 01:38 AM

Im debating...

Ok so here is what I want to do but I am still unsure...

I want to drop the jeep down with srt8 springs and bilstein shock/struts and put on Srt8 rep wheels. The problem is that I have a 2005 dark khaki pearl coat WK 5.7L Limited which has some chrome pieces(molding, grille..etc). I already tinted the tail lights. I really want black srt8 reps but I don't know if it would look ok with the chrome and or the paint in general. I need opinions please....

I think eventually I would get rid of the chrome but it would be a side project for me.

downstate 06-21-2011 03:21 AM

Re: Im debating...

DK is a great color! If you could paint match the grille and lower moldings - that would look great. I did a bunch of paint matched stuff but to me the chrome trim under the windows looks awesome, I swapped it out at one point with the black trim and went back to the chrome, has a classy look that really pops out on the road (im always looking at other grand cherokees).

I say go for it!

Chaoul1 06-21-2011 09:23 AM

IMO I would go with the Polished SRT reps. Unless you really want Black SRT Reps. I'm doing the same suspension set-up and wheel set-up also.

ltdan 06-21-2011 09:45 AM

Black wheels are so average right now, everybody gets black wheels to go with their black vehicle with blacked out headlights and blacked out taillights and black trim and their dark tint (even the windshield is tinted so it really completes the all black look!).
It's your vehicle so ultimately it only matters what YOU think looks good, but personally I would keep the chrome window trim, and go with chrome or polished wheels. Maybe paint to match the grill and put in billet or chrome inserts, or better yet get the mesh SRT style grill inserts in chrome.
Actually that's what I will be doing with mine, but I have extremely limited funds so it will take a while.
Only reason I would get black wheels is if you were going to have them painted body color, that would be trick.

Scottina06 06-21-2011 11:36 AM

I think black,,,then paint match your door moldings

jeep5.7 06-21-2011 01:02 PM

imo i personally like a little chrome,it catches your eye,go with polished

antsjeep 06-21-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 434972)
I think black,,,then paint match your door moldings

+1 to that :)

tri0829 06-21-2011 04:32 PM

i think the black looks good withe the dk.. i would say get black mouldings or paint them body color, i think the chrome wouldnt look horrible either though

viking757 06-21-2011 05:54 PM

Thx for the feedback. More than likely I will go with black rims and paint match the door moldings. The only reason I am swaying away from chrome is because I have the chrome clad stock wheels and I want to mix it up a bit.