Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Wiper fluid spray not working (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/wiper-fluid-spray-not-working-2475.html)

Matt 09-03-2009 04:59 PM

Wiper fluid spray not working

Well, my fluid tank is full, but I pull the lever and I get nothing... is there a fuse for this (too lazy to go check the manual)? If not, any ideas on what could be causing my problem?

blackpepper 09-03-2009 05:01 PM

Re: Wiper fluid spray not working

Do you hear the pump working?

Matt 09-03-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackPepper (Post 56621)
Do you hear the pump working?

Let me go check....

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Yup, pump is working... it's almost like it's clogged... is that a possibility?

Scottina06 09-03-2009 05:19 PM

pull the lines apart at the junctions and blow into them.....LOL

blackpepper 09-03-2009 05:21 PM

Yeah pop the line off the nozzle and try pumping fluid just make sure it doesn't spray everywhere. If water flows then the problem is in the nozzle.

Matt 09-03-2009 05:23 PM

huh!?

Where is this line? I'm guessing just after the reservoir tank...?

blackpepper 09-03-2009 05:25 PM

Pop the hood and remove the hose from under the hood that goes to the nozzle on your hood and see if the h20 flows out the hose. If it does then the system is fine, just your nozzles on the hood could be clogged.

Matt 09-03-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackPepper (Post 56641)
Pop the hood and remove the hose from under the hood that goes to the nozzle on your hood and see if the h20 flows out the hose. If it does then the system is fine, just your nozzles on the hood could be clogged.

oh, haha, that makes sense... be right back...

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Alrighty, I pulled the hose at the hood/nozzle and I'm barely getting any drip... so I tested the rear wiper spray and I also get nothing... so, the tank has both hoses (for front/rear) coming off the reservoir through a little separator thingy, my guess is that is clogged. I'm running out of daylight here and am getting ready to eat, so I'll check it tomorrow.

Thanks Ryan/Scott for the help! I'll post my findings tomorrow!

Scottina06 09-03-2009 05:56 PM

you actually need to pull the hose off at the pump(its mounted directly to the front washer tank and blow it out....you'll probably need compressed air...but be careful and do it lightly

Matt 09-03-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 56660)
you actually need to pull the hose off at the pump(its mounted directly to the front washer tank and blow it out....you'll probably need compressed air...but be careful and do it lightly

Okay, yeah that's the thing I was looking at (I think)... where the two hoses for the front and rear are attached to?

Scottina06 09-03-2009 09:17 PM

yes....the little black cylinder is the pump

Matt 09-03-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 56739)
yes....the little black cylinder is the pump

Gotcha, I'll pull the lines tomorrow and see what I've got going on.... thanks for the help!