Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Replacing a Washer Nozzle ? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/replacing-a-washer-nozzle-24765.html)

NikonKiem 06-21-2011 11:37 PM

Replacing a Washer Nozzle ?

The stealership wants me to pay them 150.00 to replace the washer nozzle, a 13.00 part! I know its pretty easy, but how do I remove the insolation under the hood?

TurboDiesel 06-22-2011 07:27 AM

Re: Replacing a Washer Nozzle ?

i think there are just a bunch of plastic plugs u gotta pull out...

i gotta do this do, my passenger side doesnt work and my drivers side only half works
and yes there is fluid in there

SvenskaJeepGuy 06-22-2011 11:18 AM

yep, just plug on the plugs and they come right out. should only take you 30 min at the most.

TurboDiesel 06-22-2011 06:38 PM

how do u know if a nozzle is clogged? anyway to unclog it?

2005JGC 06-23-2011 03:08 AM

I would make sure your plumbing is intact... I trust the dealers diagnosis considering they were looking at it, but in my neck of the woods it seems like 9 times out of 10 its a rodent that nibbled away at the hose so the pressure is being evacuated from a hole in the plumbing... this could be found simply by popping the hood and running the sprayers for a couple seconds then inspect for fluid dripping from where it shouldnt be.

suzieque 06-25-2011 08:25 AM

you can wet the insulation and it will bend enough for you to stick your hand underneath. if you pull the plastic plugs holding the insulation, quite often the break and then the piece rattles around inside the hood.
I've had to replace my nozzles 2 times now, once by the dealer that did a crappy job and damaged the hose connector causing an eventual leak. I bought the replace nozzle myself and replaced it myself the second time.

TurboDiesel 06-26-2011 12:11 PM

yea im gonna have to take a look at mine, i do construction so my windows always seem to be covered in dust and what not

the hood liner also seems like it breaks apart easy, so i guess i just gotta be careful

the nozzle is actual $13 from the dealer!?!? for 1???
any other place to get them lol

TurboDiesel 07-01-2011 10:57 PM

well it seems both of mine are broken
is there a cheaper place to buy these?

or should they be fixed under warranty?

tri0829 07-01-2011 11:35 PM

if you know the part number try factorymopar.com

TurboDiesel 07-02-2011 01:57 PM

$10.38 on there...guess ill just go to the dealer lol hope they arent more expensive being in Canada lol

TurboDiesel 07-12-2011 12:18 PM

i just wanna say parts suck when getting them from canada

they are $23 each here...

wta0002 03-17-2013 04:56 PM

My Nozzels broke the other day. Bottom fasteners basically deteriorated. pretty sure my toothbrush has higher grade plastic. But any ways, looks at getting the jeep replacement but they had to order it. Decided I would go to Auto zone and see if they had them. They had a pair OEM nozzels for 10 bucks. Figured it was worth a try. after installing them im not gonna lie. I think they are a better product than the Jeep parts. Very easy to install, no drilling or modifications are needed. They spray pattern is able to be customized by moving the nozzle with a little tool that is supplied. below is the part I bought.

Pilot Automotive/Windshield nozzle (AM-008) | Washer Nozzles | AutoZone.com