Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Tailgate problem!!! Help (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/tailgate-problem-help-24801.html)

Dusan33 06-22-2011 09:05 PM

Tailgate problem!!! Help

So weird! Two times now I come out from where ever and my tailgate
Is wide open! I dont know how its opening maybe the fob but not that I noticed! Anyone else? I had a JL sub box! Two 10 inch w6's no one touched! Thank god! They must of thought it was a bait vehicle lol!

ataz27 06-22-2011 09:17 PM

Re: Tailgate problem!!! Help

I have come out from work twice to find my hatch open also. I keep the fob in my pocket so I may be unknowingly hitting the button. I am going to keep the fob in my desk to see if it stops. we will see what happens .

1200RT-P 06-22-2011 10:00 PM

wow - thats no good.

Knightrider03m 06-22-2011 10:16 PM

What do you have to do to open your tailgate? Push it one time or two? I wonder if it would still open if you just hold the button down.

Curly 06-22-2011 10:38 PM

Just this Tuesday morning I came out to my garage to go to work and my tailgate was open. I thought that maybe somehow I hit the button (twice) the night before while sitting on the couch.

J13ntv 06-22-2011 10:47 PM

Your hitting the button, Ive done it at work before and a co-worker told me my hatch was open.. Luckily havent done it again and its been 8 months since its happened.

Knightrider03m 06-23-2011 12:25 AM

Can anyone see what happens if you just hold down the button?

ColdCase 06-23-2011 06:06 AM

There has been much discussion about accidentally starting, unlocking doors, and opening tail gates, someone even posted a prototype FOB protector a few months ago. Mostly the culprit is carrying something like a cell phone in the same pocket as the FOB. These FOBs seem to have a much more effective range than previous models. I can start my car from my desk, which is in the middle of an office building and about 200 yards from my parking spot.

Oh, by the way, my gate will not open by simply holding the button down for 15 seconds. The switch needs to bounce.

ahadm4 07-01-2011 12:35 PM

I have a problem with my tailgate IT WONT OPEN!!
ANY IDEAS?

ColdCase 07-01-2011 05:31 PM

Is it beeping when you try?

Check that the lift glass is fully shut.

ahadm4 07-01-2011 07:15 PM

I have tried all the suggestions, but to no avail. It just wont open! i have been trying everything for over a month and the dealer said he has never come across this situation, there is nothing on the inside to open manually.

DrLocke 07-01-2011 09:21 PM

Just a thought, but sometimes the latch gets "jammed" by something that may have been laying in the back and wedged the latch.
Does the hatch move at all? Have you tried pushing on the hatch while lifting up on the handle?
Good luck.