Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Missing right-side rubber hood seal ?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/missing-right-side-rubber-hood-seal-24845.html)

fkloster 06-24-2011 10:47 AM

Missing right-side rubber hood seal ??

Popped the hood yesterday... just looking around. Its wierd. It appears that there is a place for a right side hool rubber snow blocker seal mounted to the hood in the front but its missing. Left side is there.

I look in the parts manual and it shows the part is left side only.... are we all missing this rubber snow blocker right side?

JimmyZ 06-24-2011 11:22 AM

Re: Missing right-side rubber hood seal ??

Thought it was odd when I noticed that on my Overland. Service rep says "missing" strip allows for unrestricted air flow to air filter. Made sense but why have the hole on that side?

fkloster 06-24-2011 11:28 AM

Awesome just making sure! Wierd right?

GMLCountry 06-24-2011 11:31 AM

fkloster,

This is off topic, but GOD, THAT IS A GORGEOUS JEEP! LOL, it actually made me pause. Have fun with it. :thumbsup:

voyagerx 06-24-2011 12:32 PM

This has come up before, I think there are a few threads about it. On the drivers side, the seal is there to prevent water from getting in the air intake.

fkloster 06-24-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMLCountry (Post 436828)
fkloster,

This is off topic, but GOD, THAT IS A GORGEOUS JEEP! LOL, it actually made me pause. Have fun with it. :thumbsup:

Thank you that is very kind! We are very happy and i have to say this is the best built 'stout' SUV i have ever sat in.

Dan JGC 06-24-2011 04:24 PM

Yep....that's only on one side so no worries.

Got the same Summit sans front license plate...it is fantastic and gets comments all the time. The Black & Saddle it awesome!

Mlebout 06-24-2011 11:23 PM

Noticed mine was missing, today. Was going to bring it up with my dealer next week, but I guess there is no need to now.

Another thing I noticed today, was my shifter knob is leather. I thought the Overlands came with a wood shift knob??? I didn't think I would like the feel of wood on the steering wheel, but actually prefer it to the leather portion.

Thanks,

Dan JGC 06-25-2011 01:50 AM

No wood shifter knobs....I think in prototypes that made the early marketing photos had wood shift knobs but didn't make it into production.

wildturkey47 06-25-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voyagerx (Post 436870)
This has come up before, I think there are a few threads about it. On the drivers side, the seal is there to prevent water from getting in the air intake.

X2:thumbsup: