Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Inspected my pending new vehicle today, noticed some damage (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/inspected-my-pending-new-vehicle-today-noticed-some-damage-24931.html)

NHman 06-25-2011 08:18 PM

Inspected my pending new vehicle today, noticed some damage

When I agreed to a deal a few days ago on the JGC Overland black/black the Sales Mgr confirmed only 16 miles on the odometer and all of the wrapping was in place. Since it was raining, I said that I would be back over the weekend to inspect it as I wouldn't be taking delivery until June 29-30th. Stop by today and the salesperson drove it from the customer holding area. All of the wrapping was off and there was 40 miles on the odometer. Hmm, guess it had been used for test drives. Aside that I noticed deep scratches on the inside part of the drivers door foot well. The response from the salesperson, "well that can be buffed out". Perhaps but not after it is repainted.

From here I went with option B. I switched to a just arrived Dark Charcoal w/ black mfg date of June-2011. Equipment level is the same and all of the wrapping is still in place. I said, please move this to the sold lot immediately.

Stuff happens, I understand that. Just don't want it happening to my soon to be car.

Regards,
NHman

dubwarren 06-25-2011 10:06 PM

That can be buffed out? Was he kidding? The stuff that comes out of people's mouths sometimes. I woulda left and gone somewhere else. Seriously. That salesperson can't be trusted....

jgc4ever 06-25-2011 11:35 PM

Re: Inspected my pending new vehicle today, noticed some damage

Some of these dealerships' "new" cars are in worse condition than my 6 year old WK which has zero scratches and zero dings.

JeeponDUBS 06-26-2011 12:19 AM

That sucks they did that to a car you agreed on buying. Dark Charcoal is a good color to pick. Hopefully this one is same condition when you pick it up since the other was used by your return.

NHman 06-26-2011 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubwarren (Post 437582)
That can be buffed out? Was he kidding? The stuff that comes out of people's mouths sometimes. I woulda left and gone somewhere else. Seriously. That salesperson can't be trusted....

I wish that he was kidding but he was being straight with me. If they didn't have a backup vehicle available I would've walked away from the deal.

Stuff happens, I do understand that. However it is how the salesperson and/or dealership responds is the telling statement. I will be confirming with the Sales Mgr today. If I get a bad feeling then I will walkaway. Trust me, this is not an emotional or forced decision.

Regards,
NHman

Mlebout 06-26-2011 07:23 AM

Wow! That's it, just wow!

Tony007 06-26-2011 11:42 AM

It's the idea of it.. I know. Some sales personnel are simply idiots.

However, the stainless steel door sill plates are very rich looking and would most likely cover it completely.

NHman 06-26-2011 02:10 PM

Tony, most likely you are right but for me it would be knowing that it is there. Light scratches I would accept it being buffed out. I'll be happy with Dark Charcoal.

Regards,
NHman

Tonyg41 06-27-2011 03:41 AM

My JGC I got last week is the dark charcoal its a really nice color, its definitely one of those colors you just cant go wrong with.

jlag305 06-27-2011 06:24 PM

Where did you buy?
Was it in NH?

NHman 06-27-2011 08:51 PM

jlag, I haven't purchased it yet. Though the agreement is with a MA dealer. I sign the paperwork on Thursday.

Regards,
NHman