Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   2003 jeep grandcherokee limited water filling up inside the evaporator box (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/2003-jeep-grandcherokee-limited-water-filling-up-inside-the-evaporator-box-24944.html)

jeffrey1 06-26-2011 08:51 AM

2003 jeep grandcherokee limited water filling up inside the evaporator box

My wifes 03 jeep fills up with water when it rains out you can here the water moving around. and it starts dripping out from uder the dash. If i bang on the box all the water poors out from uder the truck is there soming clogged. I cant figure it out

Chaoul1 06-26-2011 08:53 AM

Re: 2003 jeep grandcherokee limited water filling up inside the evaporator box

Does this happen on the Drivers Side? This always happened to my 04' WJ. I never figured where it was coming from.

jeffrey1 06-26-2011 09:31 AM

Passenger side

Frango100 06-26-2011 11:01 AM

There is indeed a drain on the engine compartment side, which can get clogged. Try to open it with some thin rod.

jeffrey1 06-26-2011 03:31 PM

The a/c condeser water leaks out of that tube on the firewall. But some how rain water is getting in there and not coming out unless i bang on the box

Frango100 06-26-2011 05:36 PM

Does the water come out from the drain in the engine bay when you bang on the box, or from an other place? Normally no rainwater should enter the box in the first place. Isnīt it condenser water which accumulates and just a little comes out of the drain? Did you try to pry the drain with something to see if more water comes out?
Did you check the air inlet aft of the hood for any debris which would let raining water to accumulate and enter the airco system?

jeffrey1 06-26-2011 08:15 PM

Yes the water comes out of the drain. Maybe it is the condenser water building up when it is real humid out. What do you mean buy prying the drain. I took of the plastic wiper cowl today and that was clean. Last year i had a problem where the water was coming back into the truck and under the carpet but i fixed that with some silecone. I added a piece of hose to the the end of the drain tube.

Frango100 06-26-2011 08:39 PM

There is most probably something blocking (partly) the drain tube. Did you try to put something in the drain tube to see if there is something blocking it ?