Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   Alarm problem (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/alarm-problem-24949.html)

dhryan44 06-26-2011 11:14 AM

Alarm problem

Hey everyone I'm having some problems and I need some help and FAST..i just put a system into my car and I'm scared that some one will break into my car and take it..i need some help with my alarm, I dont have the money to buy a new one and I've tried breaking into my car when the car is lock and my alarm won't go off..I've tried honking the horn 2 times with my clicker to activate the alarm and broke in but it wont go off..any ideas out there of what i can try or do the make my alarm go off and work correctly?:)

Frango100 06-26-2011 12:36 PM

Re: Alarm problem

When you lock the doors with the remote, does the red light on the dash starts blinking, first fast and after some seconds slowly?

dhryan44 06-27-2011 12:11 PM

I dont have a red light anywhere in my car :/

2005JGC 06-27-2011 08:41 PM

I am not sure about your problem... the only advice I CAN give on the topic is NOT to bump in neighborhoods, parking lots, and if you see someone following you DONT go where you park overnight. Currently living boardering the ghetto and knowing many people born and raised deep in the ghetto that is the number 1 rule. If people dont know its there when they can steal it they will be less likely to mess with you, but if you go around bumping your stereo then parking for the night at a buddies place or in the mall parking lot then go inside it takes one wrong person to be informed by the bumping to jack your crap when you leave it unattended. BTW you can give your neighbors my paypal address and they can pay me for their appreciation in talking you into not driving them crazy with your loud tunes any more ;)

Hell, I grew up in a house where whatever I did was in the driveway and I was never worried about anything being stolen... tuning a sub in was done in the driveway, tinkerin with the engine (turbocharged with 3" straight pipe from turbo back) was all done in the driveway, ALL my neighbors knew my car had something reguardless of their car knowledge... now in my current neighborhood I pulled a project car out of the garage so I could pull my jeep in and swap out my sub and amp for some new goodies in privacy away from other eyeballs.

Its not perfect, but I never get bothered *knocks on wood*

Frango100 06-27-2011 09:08 PM

I think that if you donīt have the red light on top of the dash, close to the windshield, that your jeep doesnīt have the factory alarm.

dhryan44 06-28-2011 02:26 AM

well looks like i wont have my car much longer..im sure some ppl have herd about the 6000 acre wild fire by los alamos nm..well i live in los alamos and..the fire just took my work at the ski hill 8 miles from where i live..its growing bigger and bigger and i have a feeling its going to get everything..so plz send all your prayers to los alamos and save my car and all the other jeep ppl out there..plz we really need all the support we can get

dhryan44 06-28-2011 02:27 AM

6000 last night..now its 50,000

2005JGC 06-28-2011 02:36 AM

That stuff is crazy, good luck! All involved in wildfires all over the country will be in my prayers tonight!