Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   730N + iPhone 4 + USB Center Console Connection? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/730n-iphone-4-usb-center-console-connection-24972.html)

rb3wreath 06-26-2011 09:26 PM

730N + iPhone 4 + USB Center Console Connection?

Hi everyone,

Last week I picked up my WK2 and it originally came with the 430N. It was a more recent build and Bluetooth Streaming Audio worked flawlessly with my iPhone (which has been upgraded to a developer version of iOS 5.0). The center console USB connection also worked.

Part of the condition of the sale was that the dealership would change it to the 730N. That swap all worked (voice command, bluetooth audio streaming, etc.) except for one little thing. The USB center console connection to my iPhone (also tried an iPod) does NOT work correctly. The music plays choppy and digitally sped up a bit.

With those of you who have a 730N installed from the factory, are you able to play music via USB directly from your iPhone/iPod from the center console (under your right arm) port?

I'm trying to determine whether something still needs to be fixed before I let the dealer off the hook. Thanks!

voyagerx 06-26-2011 11:55 PM

I can and have had no problem doing so.

rb3wreath 06-27-2011 12:03 AM

Re: 730N + iPhone 4 + USB Center Console Connection?

Quote:

Originally Posted by voyagerx (Post 438060)
I can and have had no problem doing so.

Thanks for confirming. Looks like I'll have another call to the dealership tomorrow.

Andrew Klossner 06-27-2011 10:31 AM

There are reports that you can slow down the chipmunks by "locking" your iPhone.

rb3wreath 06-27-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Klossner (Post 438200)
There are reports that you can slow down the chipmunks by "locking" your iPhone.

I believe that was only a problem with the Bluetooth Streaming between an iPhone and the 430N (which I tried on older WK2 models). Locking the screen on the iPod/iPhone doesn't help on mine when directly connected to the USB port inside the armrest center console.

rusty WK2 03-25-2012 08:43 AM

Any Luck resolving this problem???
I have the same issue, My car is going in tomorrow to get it looked at.

I'll keep you posted to what Jeep say.

m3thod 03-25-2012 11:04 AM

mine doesn't speed up but it will disconnect sometimes. I'm going to try a 3GS I have and see if that does the same thing.

*sox* 03-25-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rb3wreath (Post 438005)
Hi everyone,

Last week I picked up my WK2 and it originally came with the 430N. It was a more recent build and Bluetooth Streaming Audio worked flawlessly with my iPhone (which has been upgraded to a developer version of iOS 5.0). The center console USB connection also worked.

Part of the condition of the sale was that the dealership would change it to the 730N. That swap all worked (voice command, bluetooth audio streaming, etc.) except for one little thing. The USB center console connection to my iPhone (also tried an iPod) does NOT work correctly. The music plays choppy and digitally sped up a bit.

With those of you who have a 730N installed from the factory, are you able to play music via USB directly from your iPhone/iPod from the center console (under your right arm) port?

I'm trying to determine whether something still needs to be fixed before I let the dealer off the hook. Thanks!

this are normaly that the usb not work.........because:

- factory you have installed a mygig RHB 430n with uconnect box, this on this box are plug the usb cable.

- now you have upgrade to a RHR 730N this are a full built in unit and dont need a extern uconect modul, but your modul are still install and the usb go to this modul...........but this uconnect modul are not compatible with the RHR!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...nnectBox-1.jpg

you must also remove the MyGIG RHR and plug the usb cable from the uconnect box to the mygig RHR rear usb plug, but i are not sure if this well fit your you need a adapter.

- the same are with the uconnect mirror mic, this well not work when you not install a adapter cable ore mod the wiring.