Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Chrysler Rewards Credit Card Details? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/chrysler-rewards-credit-card-details-24974.html)

Jamesla30 06-26-2011 11:50 PM

Chrysler Rewards Credit Card Details?

So I know chrysler just released a rewards credit card, and I would be interested in using it to earn cash for a new jeep next year, but I can't seem to find anything that details the reward details. I know you earn 1-3 points per dollar on each transaction, but what does each point get you when redeeming?!

Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Jamesla30 06-27-2011 04:56 AM

Re: Chrysler Rewards Credit Card Details?

Does any one have the card or know any of the details?

J13ntv 06-27-2011 06:54 PM

http://www.gobankingrates.com/credit...uto-discounts/

doesnt seem to good.. you dont earn x3 on much of anything youll be buying regularly

"Earn points: Cardholders will earn three points for every $1 spent on purchases at participating dealerships, two points for travel-related purchases and one point for all other purchases."

also check out... http://www.chryslergroupcreditcards.com/cc/index.html

Jamesla30 06-27-2011 11:18 PM

Yeah it isn't the best, but if I use with with my business I could probably charge $200,000/year... and it says there is no limit on the amount of points you can earn and redeem.

So theoretically I could earn at least 200,000 points per year, but I can't find anything that actually says what the points are worth when purchasing a new vehicle....

$.01 per point or what?

Jamesla30 06-28-2011 11:10 PM

I still can't seem to find anyone, not even dealers, who can answer this question. I wonder why they would advertise a rewards credit card without explaining how you can redeem the rewards...

SvenskaJeepGuy 06-29-2011 12:21 AM

not a good card at all

1200RT-P 06-29-2011 10:44 AM

I cant imagine this would be the best CC for you. There are so many "good" rewards cards for things you use more often - in reality, how often are you going to use chrysler points?

Jamesla30 06-30-2011 12:02 AM

Its not a "bad" credit card persay... assuming the rewards are decent. And the reason I want it is because I plan on buying a brand new Jeep in the next 12-24 months. So If I can charge a bunch to the card and get $3,000-$5,000 off at purchase, that would be great for me.

mjw930 06-30-2011 02:16 PM

Hmm, a 16.9% APR when the cost of money is 0%...... I suppose if you pay it off every month then it could have value.

J13ntv 06-30-2011 03:05 PM

My amex from BOFA is 1.25 for anything, thus if you charge 200,000 as you mentioned that would be 250,000 points. 50,000 get you 500 cash, that would be 2500 cash. Earn points on anything unlike the chrysler card.

My Amazon gets me 3x 2x and 1x dependent on categories. Discover gives a high percentage cash back as well usually 3-5%.

If your heart is set on this card then so be it, but considering it already closed once and is just again being reactivated and started up... Id feel more comfortable going with a bank/card you know should be around for a long time with the ability to earn points in more categories and getting cash back which you could use on anything.

in all honestly how much will you buy at a dealership to earn 3x on this card? You have a warranty on the car, I doubt not to much..

IMO look at other reward cards with better perks and cash back options. Use the cash on the car if you want.

jgc4ever 06-30-2011 03:20 PM

Buy a new Grand Cheroke every year WITH the Chrysler Card and eventually they will be free with reward points. :rolleyes: (sarcasm).

SvenskaJeepGuy 06-30-2011 05:03 PM

i stick with big banks, they have easy methods to pay (online) and better protections on unauthorized transactions. every credit card i have earns at least 5% back on purchases. i have 3 gas cards...... sunoco, bp and shell. a few retail branded credit cards which also earn 5% and a chase and citi card which earn 5% and all offer cash rewards. cash rewards are much better than being locked into a chrysler rewards programs that you cant really trust. i had a similar card through airtran airlines and it was horrible. the issuing bank was impossible to reach and the rewards were hard to use. these are why i said this is not a good card.