Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Alarm problem on WK2 Overland summit (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/alarm-problem-on-wk2-overland-summit-25077.html)

cyanideg 06-29-2011 12:23 PM

Alarm problem on WK2 Overland summit

So lately my alarm has been just going off randomly. Its parked and locked and all the sudden outta nowhere it starts going off. Anyone else had problems like this? All I could think of is that the Quadra lift may be starting it by releasing the air? sometimes I hear the Jeep making some weird noises after its been shut off for a while. Im assuming its the suspension letting off some air. Anyways.... WTF

PhilReaston 06-29-2011 12:45 PM

Re: Alarm problem on WK2 Overland summit

I have the same thing. I don't have quadra lift so its not that on mine. I thought maybe I was accidently pressing the panic button in my pocket, but it went off the other day when my keys were hanging up. I'm guessing its just a tad too sensitive so I thought I'd have the dealer look at it next time i'm there - unless anyone knows where the "sensitivity tuner" is :-)

jeepster23 06-29-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilReaston (Post 439475)
I have the same thing. I don't have quadra lift so its not that on mine. I thought maybe I was accidently pressing the panic button in my pocket, but it went off the other day when my keys were hanging up. I'm guessing its just a tad too sensitive so I thought I'd have the dealer look at it next time i'm there - unless anyone knows where the "sensitivity tuner" is :-)

There is no "sensitivity tuner" because there is no shock sensor on the alarm systems. The only way the security system is triggered is by the unlocking and/or opening of a door {manually without keys} while the system is activated and doors are locked.

PhilReaston 06-29-2011 01:50 PM

Maybe so, but the panic button on my remote also sets the alarm going. This has to be cancelled by pressing the panic button again though (unlike the other which is cancelled by pressing the open door button. I guess the point is that there's a wireless way to set the thing going over and above your unlocking way which is maybe hard wired.

brianm929 06-29-2011 07:48 PM

I have the same issue. It has happened twice in two days. It is not the panic button.

Ratchet 06-30-2011 07:37 AM

Mine false alarmed the other day. Keys were hanging up as well. I was just working away thinking to myself, who's the idiot that won't shut his alarm off? HUGE fail!

ENFORCER 06-30-2011 08:40 AM

There have been a few threads on here and it relates tot he rear hatch locking mechanism. Have a search, as I have read about it before on here.

Hollywood 07-15-2011 05:22 PM

Mine went off in the middle of a rain storm the other night. Several threads on "water & the alarm". By any chance, was it raining when this uappened?

PhilReaston 07-15-2011 05:25 PM

No rain when mine went off, but, strangely, since I posted here it hasn't gone off again!

PhilReaston 07-22-2011 04:15 PM

But now its started going off again. I was looking for instructions and couldn't fine any. Found a web site http://www.swds.net/karr.html but no instructions. I see also that the small brochure I have says "Shock sensor ( 2 stage electronic)" - "Detects slight or sharp impact to vehicle". So maybe this is it and maybe I am back to getting the dealer to tune the sensitivity. It also mentions a "Valet mode" for system override, but again, no instructions for this.

Anyone ever get instructions?

Andrew Klossner 07-22-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilReaston (Post 452938)
I see also that the small brochure I have says "Shock sensor (2 stage electronic)" ...

Did you have an aftermarket alarm installed? The OEM alarm does not have a shock sensor or valet mode.

PhilReaston 07-22-2011 06:22 PM

It was in the car and activated by the dealer. Its a Karr. It works from the standard jeep key - no extra dongle - so I assumed that was OEM but maybe it's just a dealer add on.