Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Issue with air suspension on new GC Overland (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/issue-with-air-suspension-on-new-gc-overland-25122.html)

rfarb 06-29-2011 09:24 PM

Issue with air suspension on new GC Overland

Just got my GC Overland on Jun 18. Looked like the rear driver side was leaning when the car sat for an hour or so. Went back to the dealer today and they said the car has listed some error codes and there is an air leak in the suspension. So far they are unable to find the leak. Anyone have this problem?

aquaanox 06-29-2011 11:42 PM

Re: Issue with air suspension on new GC Overland

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfarb (Post 439741)
Just got my GC Overland on Jun 18. Looked like the rear driver side was leaning when the car sat for an hour or so. Went back to the dealer today and they said the car has listed some error codes and there is an air leak in the suspension. So far they are unable to find the leak. Anyone have this problem?

Yikes, hope it's resolved. I was at the dealership today and another owner was complaining about his overland being with the dealer fir 3 days while they were trying to find a leak. It seems to me that these guys are simply not properly trained on these new GCs yet - air suspension or not. For my car, the tech had to call Chrysler to figure out how the headliner was fixed so he could solve my rattle problem. I was like, duder, seriously ?? Aren't you guys trained on these vehicles yet!! ??

rfarb 06-30-2011 08:03 AM

Thanks for the info, but that does not sound good!

AAAA 06-30-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfarb (Post 439741)

And that is the main reason I bought the Limited rather than the Overland.:o

Overland 06-30-2011 02:34 PM

No problem on my Overland Summit with the air suspension.

rfarb 06-30-2011 06:15 PM

The dealer called today and told me they found the air leak. The only problem is they told me Jeep wants them to replace the two main air lines so I need to wait until next week when the parts come in for the complete repair. But they found the problem, that's a good thing. Other than that, the car is great. Has all the cool technology and is fun to drive.

rich mac 06-30-2011 09:37 PM

I once had a four cylinder pinto with no A/C, no radio, and a manual tranny. Nothing ever went wrong with it. Even though I've had trouble with my Quadra-Lift (repaired at dealer), I enjoy it and would certainly order it again. Avoiding problems by not purchasing an option seems a little paranoid.

GrandFa 02-19-2012 02:36 AM

:wtf:
Mileage 15,678 km (10,000 miles). Faulty cylinder air suspension. Frayed at the site is not visible from the outside. The thrill of riding on this car such that you would not wish the enemy.:o
Wait for spare up to 4 weeks.:eek:
I want my Jeep back very quickly!
****ing Mercedes with its ****ing shitty quality parts!:slapfight:

GTREVINOWK2 02-19-2012 05:51 PM

Air susPension issues enough reason to not buy overland!! Is there a way to order overland without the quadra lift ?

77Cherokee 02-19-2012 06:43 PM

QL comes standard with the Overland, and from the posts here on JG it would seem that the vast majority of QL problems have been resolved for the 2012 models, mine included. :thumbsup:

jeepster23 02-19-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTREVINOWK2 (Post 577184)
Air susPension issues enough reason to not buy overland!! Is there a way to order overland without the quadra lift ?

No, but you can order a Limited with the following packages and it will be almost identical to an Overland without QL.

Luxury Package II
730N RHR Navigation
20" Rims
Tow Package IV