Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   CARiD Steering Wheel (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/carid-steering-wheel-25188.html)

JETLIFE 07-01-2011 12:41 PM

CARiD Steering Wheel

Does anyone have any experience with these steering wheels?

I would like to get a steering wheel LIKE the overland steering wheel, But without the wood. Mine is pretty beat, I have had a cover on it for the past year so it's time for a new one.

I would get khaki leather with black grips.

http://www.carid.com/2005-jeep-grand...em-113047.html

mpg2012 07-01-2011 01:04 PM

Re: CARiD Steering Wheel

A friend of mine bought a steering wheel for her Range Rover. She wanted to upgrade to a wood wheel with heat. I installed it for her. Perfect fit and looked to be good quality. She hasn't had any problems with it and has been using it for about 5 months now.

mpg2012 07-01-2011 01:05 PM

sorry, meant to add that she bought it from CARiD also

JETLIFE 07-01-2011 02:32 PM

Well I see that you have to send yours into them on a core program, So i'm assuming they are rewrapping the OEM wheel and adding the polished parts to the top and bottom.

I would get a wood wheel, But i'm not going to risk it not matching the factory wood print in limiteds. Im a Chair maker, so mismatched wood just wont cut it for me! lol So I think i'm gonna go with black grips.

Martyp 07-01-2011 03:06 PM

Cool find Mon!

Maybe down the road I'd maybe get their real CF on the wooden part of my wheel, a bit at the bottom too and smooth leather. Wonder what their dash kits are like too, the real CF one is kinda interesting too which would be required as wood & CF just don't go....

Everytime I come on here something comes up, grabs my eye and my money goes out the window... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

soontobesrt 07-01-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyp (Post 440736)
Cool find Mon!

Maybe down the road I'd maybe get their real CF on the wooden part of my wheel, a bit at the bottom too and smooth leather. Wonder what their dash kits are like too, the real CF one is kinda interesting too which would be required as wood & CF just don't go....

Everytime I come on here something comes up, grabs my eye and my money goes out the window... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah Im with you BUT I think their CF is NOT real CF. Just a graphic print and some clear ovelay I and many else have bought their CF kit and at first ti was sweet. But over a year later its faded and looks like crap so im ripping it out slowly. Not to mention the glossy cover makes it look cheap. Its certainly not real CF, wish it was. But if you were to do a wheel id say Neffy or 3M DiNoc is the way to go for sure :D

Martyp 07-01-2011 04:21 PM

Don't know, they do list real CF and it does add a fair bit to the price too...

JETLIFE 07-01-2011 04:56 PM

Ya its for sure real CF (the wheel at least) . But I really don't care if it's real or not. I don't want CF. lol

JETLIFE 07-01-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyp (Post 440736)
Cool find Mon!

I know, Marty! I'm the same way, Next for me is rep headlights with mini morimotos!

lll2for3lll 07-01-2011 05:38 PM

Very nice find.

I would get black with Platinum Silver.

jsouza111 07-01-2011 05:47 PM

hey man. have u bought from carid before? they r really slow so i hope ur in no rush for the steering wheel. it took me 3-4 weeks jus for chrome pillar on my impala ss

JETLIFE 07-01-2011 06:00 PM

I'm not in a rush, as long as I get a good product. I can deal with the cover that's on there, it's my stuck volume button that's driving me crazy. But I can just use the knob on the REC for now.

Thanks for the heads up though!