Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Ventilated seats (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/ventilated-seats-25207.html)

Medichic 07-01-2011 08:51 PM

Ventilated seats

Do the ventilated seats work better with AC on? I had them on today without the AC on and it seemed just mediocre. So is it safe to assume that the ventilated seats were made to be used in conjunction with the AC?

Technosavant 07-01-2011 09:02 PM

Re: Ventilated seats

Yes. If your A/C isn't on, disappointment is the name of the game.

ternst 07-02-2011 06:50 AM

They will blow whatever temp air is under/around the seat - if the AC is on and the air is cooler then it will feel cooler. If the air is warm you will just be blowing warm air on your butt, but sometimes that is better than nothing...

bobkbusch 07-02-2011 07:09 AM

Apparently, my butt isn't very sensitive. I barely feel the ventilated seats regardless of clothing or AC. I have never felt it on my back.

moosehead 07-02-2011 10:14 AM

Evidently they suck instead of blow, but in a really good way.

bobkbusch 07-02-2011 11:42 AM

Just did a test...they indeed do suck. I put a piece of paper against the seat back and it held, barely, with the low or high setting and fell down when I turned off the ventilation.

I put the piece of paper on the seat bottom and it definitely does not blow, it sucks, but again, just barely. It was almost imperceptible.

I did notice, upon close inspection, that the ventilation holes appear to have some kind of shiny backing under the leather. If I push on the leather with the palm of my hand, it sounds like crackling plastic. Maybe somebody forgot to remove a plastic protective sheet in my seats?

I'm waiting for someone to come out with a "turbo-suck" mod! :D

kaflyboy 07-02-2011 12:28 PM

Slide your arse forward when your sitting in jeep and you will feel the ac better.

Deserthucker 07-02-2011 02:14 PM

I think they are more for long trips, to stop that sticky wet but feeling.
Just enough to move air around, not too much to give you chills in those but muscles.
If you ever had a chill in your back you know what i mean.

moosehead 07-02-2011 02:16 PM

Me thinks BobKusch is on to a killer mod idea: turbo suck

Deserthucker 07-02-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 441146)
Me thinks BobKusch is on to a killer mod idea: turbo suck

Ouch:lol:

Waste disposal unit :confused:

Dan JGC 07-02-2011 02:48 PM

The ventilated seats work great. You can feel the air circulating through your clothes... Keep you cool and prevents getting a tad sweaty on longer trips in the Florida hot weather. And yes, if you press on them when not sitting on them you can hear a plastic crinkle sound...that's normal.

If you can't feel the air circulating when they are on, then either there is a problem with the Jeep's seat or your seat! :lol:

MikeD 07-02-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobkbusch (Post 441101)
Just did a test...they indeed do suck. I put a piece of paper against the seat back and it held, barely, with the low or high setting and fell down when I turned off the ventilation.

I put the piece of paper on the seat bottom and it definitely does not blow, it sucks, but again, just barely. It was almost imperceptible.

I did notice, upon close inspection, that the ventilation holes appear to have some kind of shiny backing under the leather. If I push on the leather with the palm of my hand, it sounds like crackling plastic. Maybe somebody forgot to remove a plastic protective sheet in my seats?

I'm waiting for someone to come out with a "turbo-suck" mod! :D

I took mine into the dealer because it was constantly making that crackling noise while driving, they found a piece of plastic rubbing on some internal seat parts. It still has some noise when you push on it but normal from others I have driven.