Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

whos got a woody?

6K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  t-pain 
#1 ·
My intake is in the mail as we speak. Just curious on the install process. Any probs or mods needed?

#2 ·
I had one this morning.

#4 ·
Oh you want pics.......?

I'll give you pics. Hold on.....:lol:

#6 ·
12167jeep, I was just being an a-hole. I knew somebody would post a how to soon. Sorry. Just a little humor for myself to get the dopamine flowing.

#8 ·
Now that was funny. :lol:

#10 ·
Not long. <<no pun.

#14 ·
Yeah. The pre filters come in all sorts of colors too.

#15 ·
Be Safe and wrap it.. ;)

#16 ·
Wow...I thought I was on a 'different' forum after reading this thread...Sure wish us V6 guys could get a air intake

#17 ·
It is funny how threads always turnout like this... LOL

But yes, it is very easy to install .

#18 ·
Mine is coming off, sounds great but too much heat soak in that metal tube. On a hot day that tube is almost untouchable its so hot. I have lost performance as much as it frustrates me to say it. My wife's 5.7 has more performance than mine now.... The engine bay on these is really sealed up tight, I need my hood lovers off my 98 5.9 to cool this thing down when it's hot. I think a true CAI for this Jeep is going to be tough, just no air coming in except for the little scoop but it's mostly blocked by the hood when it's closed. I really like the intake but performance just isn't there.

#20 ·
Yeah. It just might be a little too tight for the woody under the hood.

#25 ·
I don't doubt you one bit.. are you thinking something like an corvette intake??

#27 ·
I was thinking about that after I posted and you're right. In my head, I could conceivably see some room for that to be possible but there just isn't any room.

I have the woody 3.5" intake. Would your mod be beneficial to my application?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.