Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   HeadLights Not Working... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/headlights-not-working-2528.html)

Frankie 09-07-2009 07:21 AM

HeadLights Not Working...
 
So I went to go out last night and when I hit the door unlock bottom on the fob my headlights didnt come on! Was too late and dark to start looking at what it could be, but I doubt they both went at the same time! Guess Ill start with the fuses...Anyone have any suggestions!?

tman4024 09-07-2009 07:32 AM

Re: HeadLights Not Working...
 
Bummer man. Yeah I'd check the fuses and make sure your connections to power and ground are not corroded.

LO.7 09-07-2009 07:47 AM

Re: HeadLights Not Working...
 
Is it the new ones not working, or the stock housing?

Frankie 09-07-2009 08:00 AM

Re: HeadLights Not Working...
 
My HIDs! :(

LO.7 09-07-2009 08:27 AM

Re: HeadLights Not Working...
 
rut rohhh.

Do the fogs still work?

saleen032 09-07-2009 08:39 AM

Re: HeadLights Not Working...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxSTUGOTSxox (Post 57922)
My HIDs! :(


Check the relays if you have them...Do you have one relay for both sides, or one for each side...I had 3 out of 4 relays go bad...I ended up wiring in heavier duty relays...

Frankie 09-07-2009 10:04 AM

Re: HeadLights Not Working...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saleen032 (Post 57928)
Check the relays if you have them...Do you have one relay for both sides, or one for each side...I had 3 out of 4 relays go bad...I ended up wiring in heavier duty relays...

I have 1 relay...But they dont even come on now! When I didnt have a relay they would at least come on! Im going to go out in a bit and poke around!

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

I havent done anything electrical recently, so IDK!

Frankie 09-07-2009 02:01 PM

Re: HeadLights Not Working...
 
Relay fuse is fine...Anyone have any suggestions!?

Chaoul1 09-07-2009 02:02 PM

Re: HeadLights Not Working...
 
When you switch on the headlight can you here the ballast powering them? I don't know try to help lol.

Frankie 09-07-2009 02:06 PM

Re: HeadLights Not Working...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 58015)
When you switch on the headlight can you here the ballast powering them? I don't know try to help lol.

I dont hear any sound difference from before...

saleen032 09-07-2009 04:07 PM

Re: HeadLights Not Working...
 
Have someone turn the lights on and off while you hold the relay..you should be able to hear or even feel the relay clicking open and shut..if not, check to see if there is power going to the relay, if there is,then the relay is probably bad..

Frankie 09-07-2009 04:36 PM

Re: HeadLights Not Working...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saleen032 (Post 58084)
Have someone turn the lights on and off while you hold the relay..you should be able to hear or even feel the relay clicking open and shut..if not, check to see if there is power going to the relay, if there is,then the relay is probably bad..

I just ordered a new relay...I think you are right! :thumbsup:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community