Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Jeep on Deep Sand and Fully Loaded (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/jeep-on-deep-sand-and-fully-loaded-25295.html)

wynnrs 07-04-2011 12:49 PM

Jeep on Deep Sand and Fully Loaded

2 Attachment(s)
Just back and am so glad for this ride. Laredo X with Quad 1 and the deep soft sand of Chappaquiddick was no problem. I was asked if the Thule fishing box on top was radar and I explained patiently that it was a missile defense system. Did keep the bad guys at bay.

1200RT-P 07-04-2011 12:52 PM

Re: Jeep on Deep Sand and Fully Loaded

is that to keep the reels clean?

i used to use my ski racks to transport fly rods - guess thule caught on.

wynnrs 07-04-2011 01:09 PM

Way more trouble than it was worth. One of those late night poor impulse control ebay purchases. Thule only made it for a short while.

dubwarren 07-04-2011 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They do ok on the sand guy...... I wish I had video of the donuts I was doing on the beach. Destroying sand homie. Destroying.

dubwarren 07-04-2011 08:56 PM

P.S. That mark on my bumper to the right of the license plate is a big bug. He got punished for flying out in front of my....

Hollywood 07-05-2011 08:36 AM

Heading up to the Vineyard this week. First trip in the new Overland. Can't wait. Glad to hear Sand Mode works well. Lol

AquaForester 07-06-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wynnrs (Post 442017)
Just back and am so glad for this ride. Laredo X with Quad 1 and the deep soft sand of Chappaquiddick was no problem. I was asked if the Thule fishing box on top was radar and I explained patiently that it was a missile defense system. Did keep the bad guys at bay.

Thanks for sharing that. I have Quad 1 as well and am going to try the beach this weekend. Did you have anything in the jeep just in case you got stuck?

wynnrs 07-06-2011 10:18 AM

I always have a board and a bucket. The bucket is to pour water in front of a tire to firm up the sand. Main thing was to have tires down to around 16 psi which is required. Didn't have even a hint of trouble.

AquaForester 07-10-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wynnrs (Post 442972)
I always have a board and a bucket. The bucket is to pour water in front of a tire to firm up the sand. Main thing was to have tires down to around 16 psi which is required. Didn't have even a hint of trouble.

Thanks for that info. That's really good to know. Did you have an aircompressor as well to reinflate or did you just wait to get to a gas station.

wynnrs 07-11-2011 08:44 AM

On Chappy the Trustees have an air station just off the beach so I use that. I have a air compressor that I keep in the vehicle but it requires too much amp for the 110 volt plug. Are their compressors that would work with the on board set up?