Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Factory Order....Wrong Colour...!!??!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/factory-order-wrong-colour-25327.html)

andy53213 07-05-2011 05:21 PM

Factory Order....Wrong Colour...!!??!!

Holy Crap! I've been patiently waiting for my Jeep since I ordered it mid-April. Milous's tracking service has been great and definitely made the wait a lot easier. So after watching it go to D1 and celebrating then watching it come out of the factory and ride the rails across the US and into Canada it was unloaded in Calgary last Friday. So it's still stuck at the rail yard because there's so many other cars there and blah, blah, blah, it should be at the dealer later this week, mid-next week at the latest.

So while I'm still waiting I went and printed out the window sticker for my VIN. "Dark Charcoal Pearl Coat Exterior Paint"

I ordered Mineral Gray!!!! WTF!!!???

Could this be a mistake? What would you guys ask the dealer for to get me to take the "wrong" colour?

Andy

Daved51 07-05-2011 05:45 PM

Re: Factory Order....Wrong Colour...!!??!!

We love our Dark Charcoal Pearl Coat.....

robpp 07-05-2011 06:25 PM

:lol: based on that ^^^^^^ maybe they ASKING YOU to wait another 3 months or hit the road since the the Dark Charcoal will sell in 10 seconds/

jp467 07-05-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy53213 (Post 442609)
Holy Crap! I've been patiently waiting for my Jeep since I ordered it mid-April. Milous's tracking service has been great and definitely made the wait a lot easier. So after watching it go to D1 and celebrating then watching it come out of the factory and ride the rails across the US and into Canada it was unloaded in Calgary last Friday. So it's still stuck at the rail yard because there's so many other cars there and blah, blah, blah, it should be at the dealer later this week, mid-next week at the latest.

So while I'm still waiting I went and printed out the window sticker for my VIN. "Dark Charcoal Pearl Coat Exterior Paint"

Could this be a mistake? What would you guys ask the dealer for to get me to take the "wrong" colour?

Andy

Sounds like the dealer ordered the wrong color. Did they get the interior color right? I would ask for them to throw in the mopar cargo liner it retails for I think 80 Dollars or even the slush mats. Asking for both would probably be too much though.

ctjeep 07-05-2011 06:45 PM

Do it. I have dark charcoal and got the mats for free. The color is first class. The mats definitely match the car.

andy53213 07-05-2011 07:30 PM

Nothing against the Dark Charcoal, I just really like the Mineral Gray...

At this point I'm just thinking I'll walk and probably order a 2012 somewhere else unless they throw in a Dodge Ram or something...

Cherodude 07-05-2011 07:38 PM

One idea: See if the dealer owns up to their mistake first, and offers you something before you even bring up the subject. That's what a good dealer would do.

Might affect how you think about them, before you make a decision or put your own 'offer' on the table.

suzieque 07-05-2011 07:47 PM

I wouldn't accept an incorrect color if it was not my fault. Demand what you ordered and let the dealer figure out how to make it happen.

Milous 07-05-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy53213 (Post 442609)

Dark Charcoal Pearl Coat is what is shown on all of the internal documents.

TurboDiesel 07-05-2011 08:49 PM

yep i wouldnt stand for it
u order and wait for the car that YOU want
which is why u order it brand new to get it exactly how u want and they screw up

they would have to give me more that just floor mats to settle on a car when u wanted something different

but i would do as stated above, wait and see if the dealer acknowledges their mistake, if so and they try to fix it and are nice about the situation then i would probably take it..
but if they are a douche about it i would walk...

just my .02

jgc4ever 07-05-2011 09:15 PM

I would see what they say. And then I'd get a Mineral Gray one with the same options like I (you in this case) intended.

Hemi05WK 07-05-2011 10:21 PM

Didn't the dealer give or show you a copy of the order sheet when they placed the order, to verify? seems fishy....