Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Best Spray On Bedliner? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/best-spray-on-bedliner-25455.html)

Crestwood1001 07-09-2011 12:12 AM

Best Spray On Bedliner?

Im planning on doing my rims with spray on bed liner, I planned on using the duplicolor aerosol can bedliner but im reading so so reviews about it. What other brands come in an aerosol can? Anyone use duplicolor and can vouch for it?

JonJon 07-09-2011 09:13 AM

Re: Best Spray On Bedliner?

I've heard good things about the U-pol raptor spray on bed liner. I'll be using it on mine. Goodluck.

Jelly_Bean 07-09-2011 05:38 PM

Heard great things about the Raptor spray on as well. just do your prep work well, and then go over it again to make sure you did it right. Thats the trick to a good finish. :)

I want to do my rear plastic step plate with a spray on someday...(especially with dogs and gear going in and out.) I'll prob use the U-pol.

Good Luck!

Jelly_Bean 07-09-2011 05:43 PM

Sorry I didn't say anything about the Duplicolor.
They do make a good product for the money IMO and I have seen plenty people get good results. But there is definitely better stuff out there (as I'm sure you're aware of). Since you are going to be doing your wheels though, I wouldn't go with it. just my 2 pennies. Hope I have helped a bit.

Crestwood1001 07-09-2011 07:17 PM

Well what if I do my step pad and door handles in it? I don't wanna spend over 100 on that other stuff

HemiDawg 07-10-2011 09:14 AM

Rustoleum makes one that you can buy at Home Depot. I used this to coat my rails and bed on my Yamaha Rhino and it did a great job. Has held up well too. It has a real fine texture to it, almost like sand. I used the Duplicolor on the black plastics because it has a larger texture to it and looked better for that application.

Crestwood1001 07-10-2011 10:25 AM

How did it hold up?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

suzieque 07-10-2011 11:18 AM

i've used the rino liner and the duplicolor liner in a roll on. the rino liner had a hard sand type of finish whereas the dupicolor had the flexible rubbery particles in it (supposedly kevlar?).

not sure the spray on has the same finishes.

anyway, I suspect that the duplicolor would be more appealing on a wheel, easier to cleanup as dirt/mud won't stick as bad. the thing i didn't like was both products went "flat" vs "gloss" after a while. I clear coated the rino liner to bring back the gloss.

broady06811 07-10-2011 01:29 PM

I would use some type ofaerosol can as well. Anything else would seem to spray on too thick and you may have balancing issues. I've never heard of using spray in bedliner being applied to wheels. JMO I would do a good prep and a good paint and clearcoat in the finish your looking for. Post pix and a rwviewwhatever you do.sounds interesting. Good luck

dmlong47 07-11-2011 11:29 AM

i used regular krylon about 2 years ago.. still looks good but i did the prep work. there is a camo paint that krylon makes thats claims to be almost bullet proof after 2 weeks

Crestwood1001 07-11-2011 11:35 AM

Well I just did the rims with paint, but im gonna do the door handles and rear step pad and handle with spray on bedliner