Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   heated seats .. adj. pedals .. driver memory stopped working (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/heated-seats-adj-pedals-driver-memory-stopped-working-25471.html)

blackpepper 07-09-2011 01:38 PM

heated seats .. adj. pedals .. driver memory stopped working

So here's the deal. I remote start the jeep.. but I wasn't ready to leave so I tried to turn it off but it was giving me a hard time (via the key fob button), so I had to actually insert the key, turn it then turn it back off. Anyway. When I finally leave all is good until I go to turn the heated seat on. Nothing no lights and the pass. side was doing the same thing. Then I noticed my adjustable pedals are inoperative as well as driver memory and the easy exit function.

So I figure these are connected one way it another. There is no fuse listing in my manual or wkjeeps .. so what could be going on? I feel like I shorted something when using the remote start. But what? I have an appointment with the dealer on Monday but as usual I would like some info in hand before I drop the jeep off. :sadface:

blackpepper 07-09-2011 11:23 PM

Re: heated seats .. adj. pedals .. driver memory stopped working

And my seats won't move. I took the liberty of scouring JU and found that I might have a bad seat heater module... Yep.

lll2for3lll 07-09-2011 11:26 PM

Gotta be a fuse.

lll2for3lll 07-09-2011 11:28 PM

Never mind. I don't know.

lll2for3lll 07-09-2011 11:29 PM

Don't worry about it. I'm not. I'm there quite a few times after hours.

lll2for3lll 07-09-2011 11:30 PM

^^^^that post was suppose to be in a text message. Lol. Lol. Lol. Lol.

SvenskaJeepGuy 07-10-2011 12:29 AM

i have a extra heater module but it is for an 08-10, i dont think they are the same in an 07

blackpepper 07-10-2011 12:43 AM

They're not the same ... They changes it in 08, that was part of the discussion on ju

blackpepper 07-10-2011 12:44 AM

I have 3k miles left on my warranty. Pending added care coverage.. I'm glad its happening now.

JeepCoop 07-10-2011 08:29 AM

Damn brotha that sucks

blackpepper 07-11-2011 01:09 PM

So I'm at the dealer. It was working off and on this weekend but it was luckily broken when I took it in. Apparently the module is fine but I have faulty wiring and its covered under warranty. So if the issue arises again I'm covered for twelve months (for this specific repair). Three hours to go..

2005JGC 07-11-2011 01:53 PM

Wiring would have been my suggestion... I have never seen a heated seat module go bad (not to say that they dont, it is a man made... at least man designed part, and it can and will fail). That said I have seen numerous chaffed wires under seats and other places that could bring down a circuit or module.