Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Panorama roof... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/panorama-roof-25518.html)

RCM11 07-10-2011 04:02 PM

Panorama roof...

Thinking about ordering a 2012 GC. Having just sold my Q5 with it's panorama roof...I was wondering if the GC had the same issue I had with creaking a lot. It drove me nuts sometimes. I did a search and found some are having rattles with there's. If that's the case I'll order one without it.

Bmwister 07-10-2011 04:45 PM

Re: Panorama roof...

I've had my WK2 over thousands of Chicago crater trails (i.e. roads) and not one peep from the pano roof. I originally did NOT want the pano roof for durability suspicions, but I really enjoy it and it appears to be of a robust design. When I shopped the Q5/Q7 SUVs, Inoticed even a brand new Q5 had some creaking...very un-Audi-like based on owning multiple Audis over the years.

jcarone 07-10-2011 04:49 PM

Haven't heard any creaking out of mine after the last 7 months.....

AquaForester 07-10-2011 06:03 PM

No problem with mine over 6 months. Also with that pana roof and tilting backseats I think the GC has pretty much the best back seat in the business.

Hollywood 07-10-2011 07:47 PM

I've had a nagging "rattle" coming from mine since day one. Seems less noticeable when the roof and sunshade are "closed". Haven't mustered up the courage to have the dealer service look at/address it. Still have less than 2k on the vehicle and will probably have it looked at at some point. Other than this one very minor "problem", the truck is truly outstanding and quite a bit of bang for the buck! :thumbsup:

Andrew Klossner 07-11-2011 12:24 PM

No problems with mine. And the one time I rode in the back seat, I was blown away by the overhead view. It's like being in an Amtrak observation car.

hammer1234 07-11-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Klossner (Post 445567)
No problems with mine. And the one time I rode in the back seat, I was blown away by the overhead view. It's like being in an Amtrak observation car.

+1...no issues after over 3 months, keeping fingers crossed.

We initially didn't care about having it but I'm glad we do.

chibianh 07-11-2011 12:59 PM

10 months, 13k miles, lots of trails and no issues with the pano roof so far. Next best thing to an open top Wrangler on the trail :D

JoeSchmoe007 07-11-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCM11 (Post 445174)
Thinking about ordering a 2012 GC. Having just sold my Q5 with it's panorama roof...I was wondering if the GC had the same issue I had with creaking a lot. It drove me nuts sometimes. I did a search and found some are having rattles with there's. If that's the case I'll order one without it.

FYI: in September 2010 the only way to not get moonroof was to get Laredo or Laredo X. Also if you get rear seat DVD entertainment system (available on Ltd or Overland) then you get standard size moonroof as opposed to pano. Don't know if this has changed for 2012.

jgc4ever 07-11-2011 02:05 PM

You can get a Limited with a regular sunroof and ~$350 back in your pocket.

JoeSchmoe007 07-11-2011 02:14 PM

I personally wanted no sunroof and no QL so Laredo X is what I've got.

WK2maybe 07-11-2011 10:11 PM

3300 miles and no rattles so far (hope this post doesn't jinx me). Love the panorama roof but it's a little noisier when in vent mode than my old X3. With that car i would leave the vent open almost year round in Southern California and the wind noise was almost imperceptible. In fact, it was quieter open in the vented position than when closed... there was some strange wind noise from the front of the X3's sunroof when it was closed fully.