Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Seat Back (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/seat-back-25526.html)

plynn7 07-10-2011 06:19 PM

Seat Back

I have just noticed that the driver's side plastic seat back keeps popping off on my Overland. I know there has been several people with this same problem. What can be done to fix this? The slightest presure can make this thing pop off.:confused:

JETLIFE 07-10-2011 06:44 PM

Re: Seat Back

Just take it to your dealer? I'd be in there EVERY time there is an issue.

chillywon 07-10-2011 06:49 PM

It took the dealer 2 trys but so far so good

mjw930 07-10-2011 07:09 PM

2 more tries and you can lemon law the car for seat covers :)

Seriously, call Jeep customer service and register a complaint so they force your dealer to figure out what's wrong or send them a new seat to install.

Lingohocken 07-11-2011 05:17 PM

No commonsense homebrew fix? Might beat trips to the dealer.

jaysonf 07-13-2011 06:51 PM

I have the same problem, going to the dealer next week for that amongst other problems.

Radside 07-14-2011 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chillywon (Post 445232)
It took the dealer 2 trys but so far so good

They've replaced my seat back twice already. If it starts happening again, I'm demanding a new seat but I doubt if they will see it the same way without a lot of drama on my part.

wjs81866 07-14-2011 07:19 AM

Mine just went in for that and the seat creaking and moving back and forth, they fixed the seat moving but the creak is still there. The seat back hasn't popped off again though. I looked at the setup when it popped off and I was surprised to see such a cheap setup holding it on. Basically 2 molded clips, from what I saw I'm not surprised that it came off. Not sure what they did to fix it but I'm guessing as it ages it will continue to happen.

SixZeroFour 07-15-2011 11:49 AM

I had to have the leather replaced on my drivers seat at the dealer and afterwards the back was popping off from something as simple as sitting in the seat. I took the piece off and looked carefully at where the clips catch in the seat and wound up slightly bending the clips/arms outwards so that they held better when clipped back into place. Seems to have fixed the problem as I've had no issues for a few months now.

Lingohocken 07-15-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SixZeroFour (Post 448266)
I had to have the leather replaced on my drivers seat at the dealer and afterwards the back was popping off from something as simple as sitting in the seat. I took the piece off and looked carefully at where the clips catch in the seat and wound up slightly bending the clips/arms outwards so that they held better when clipped back into place. Seems to have fixed the problem as I've had no issues for a few months now.

Common-Sense Award for 2011.:thumbsup:

RageOfFury 07-15-2011 10:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:p

HEADSHOCK 10-20-2011 11:11 AM

Same problem, bending the arms does not help for me. Looks like i am going to have to schedule a trip to the dealer.