Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Question about add-ins offered by dealer (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/question-about-add-ins-offered-by-dealer-25531.html)

rpeselman@hotmail.com 07-10-2011 07:57 PM

Question about add-ins offered by dealer

In addition to an extended warranty, lojack, paint protection, clear bra, my dealer is offering a tire & wheel protection/insurance that can be paid for by rolling into the financing or out of pocket? Can this tire & wheel protection/insurance be purchased from cryslerwarrantys.com or from somewhere else?

Is there any add-on worth purchasing directly from the dealer and/or that cannot purchased elsewhere before or after delivery?

Thanks again!

HEMInator 07-26-2011 10:26 PM

Re: Question about add-ins offered by dealer

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpeselman@hotmail.com (Post 445287)
In addition to an extended warranty, lojack, paint protection, clear bra, my dealer is offering a tire & wheel protection/insurance that can be paid for by rolling into the financing or out of pocket? Can this tire & wheel protection/insurance be purchased from cryslerwarrantys.com or from somewhere else?

Is there any add-on worth purchasing directly from the dealer and/or that cannot purchased elsewhere before or after delivery?

Thanks again!

Yes. Go to chryslerwarrantys.com and go through the process to purchase an extended warranty. After you select the plan you want, the next screen will you give you a few options one of which is a tire protection package for various term lengths..sure to be much cheaper than your local dealer but you can use that price to get them to match or beat the online price.

Ron98GT 07-27-2011 09:28 AM

"Is there any add-on worth purchasing directly from the dealer"

NO!

dahlberg123 07-27-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron98GT (Post 455550)

NO!

+1

HEMInator 07-27-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

NO!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahlberg123 (Post 455568)
+1

If you can negotiate pre-paid maintenance plans like the Maintenance Care Plus I think that's a good deal BUT all that other stuff, stay away from (i.e. protection package, pin striping, seat protectant VIN etching, etc. etc.).

jgc4ever 07-27-2011 11:54 AM

I'll get paint protection and undercoating if I can negotiate a good price for it. The Auto Armor Paint Protection Warranty is 10 years I was told (by a Porsche Dealer anyway), but it's the same product Jeep dealers sell.

RageOfFury 07-27-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

NO!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahlberg123 (Post 455568)
+1

Totally agree. Not worth it.

Nothing wrong with buying accessories after the fact though.