Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT8 - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f25/)
-   -   ESP on/off switch mod… HELP!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f25/esp-on-off-switch-mod-and-hellip-help-25532.html)

t-pain 07-10-2011 07:58 PM

ESP on/off switch mod… HELP!!!

Can someone post or pm me a link on how to do this mod??? I've been searching but have had no luck find any how to info for the WKs. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

blackpepper 07-10-2011 10:41 PM

Re: ESP on/off switch mod… HELP!!!

Pull your ABS fuse..

(idonotcondonedoatyourownrisk)

t-pain 07-10-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackpepper (Post 445356)
Pull your ABS fuse..

(idonotcondonedoatyourownrisk)

I knew about the fuse pull already, what I was looking for an interior kill switch solution similar to the rubicon center console accelerometer mod. Is there a WK version of this mod?

Escape 07-10-2011 11:18 PM

You could just wire a switch inbetween the power and the ABS fuse.

Then you can turn it off in the cabin.

Remember that this will cause your ABS to not function at all!

t-pain 07-11-2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Escape (Post 445376)
You could just wire a switch inbetween the power and the ABS fuse.

Then you can turn it off in the cabin.

Remember that this will cause your ABS to not function at all!

I was thinking of this too but was just curious if the WK has this same work around??? I've read the chargers have this mod as well. Has to do with the Dynamic Sensor Supply Module???

t-pain 07-11-2011 10:01 PM

Anyone else know about this mod? I'm willing to try if anybody knows where the module is located?

robpp 07-12-2011 10:36 AM

i been to the track with many jeep srt8s. from stockers to heads/cam to wink's vorteched cammed tuned LT 11.0 corrected Jeep, the most any of them do is PULL the pink ABS fuse/ partly because that is the only place they feel SAFE ENOUGH TO DO THAT.

t-pain 07-12-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 446204)
i been to the track with many jeep srt8s. from stockers to heads/cam to wink's vorteched cammed tuned LT 11.0 corrected Jeep, the most any of them do is PULL the pink ABS fuse/ partly because that is the only place they feel SAFE ENOUGH TO DO THAT.

I totally agree with the safety factor with doing a mod like this, but I'm not asking for opinions on safety. A mod like this would be handy in certain conditions, not involving racing at all. I'm just seeing if the WK SRT8 has the same work around as other chrysler vehicles instead of pulling fuses or buying overpriced kits to do this.

Escape 07-13-2011 01:18 AM

I wouldn't mess with any modules as the WK has a seriously sensitive electrical system!

Just do a in-cabin switch that switches the power on/off to the ABS fuse located in the engine bay. Very simple and easy.

t-pain 07-18-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Escape (Post 446687)
I wouldn't mess with any modules as the WK has a seriously sensitive electrical system!

Just do a in-cabin switch that switches the power on/off to the ABS fuse located in the engine bay. Very simple and easy.

I've decided to just to tun a simple switch and not eff around the modules after a lot of reading. I found an excellent how to for adding a switch to the fuse last night and I'll post the link later today.

hemimds 06-27-2013 08:20 PM

I know this sounds stupid but is it possible to do a similar mod to turn the awd off