Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Windshield Washer Fluid level (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/windshield-washer-fluid-level-25554.html)

JoeSchmoe007 07-11-2011 02:00 PM

Windshield Washer Fluid level

There is an indicator that will turn on when Windshield Washer Fluid level is low.

However, how can you tell how much to fill in? I looked and you can barely see the reservoir itself. There are no level marks of any kind that I could see either.

Sarge2011 07-11-2011 02:07 PM

Re: Windshield Washer Fluid level

Not to threadjack, but I have a related question. ;)

Does anybody know if there are two reservoirs, one for the front and one for the rear, or are they one and the time?

JoeSchmoe007 07-11-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge2011 (Post 445626)
Not to threadjack, but I have a related question. ;)

Does anybody know if there are two reservoirs, one for the front and one for the rear, or are they one and the time?

There is just one - Owner's Manual p. 501

RageOfFury 07-11-2011 02:31 PM

I don't know if it's because I have the V6, but I can easily see washer fluid reservoir. I use the pink stuff during the summer and blue stuff during the winter so it's very easy to see how much is in there.

I fill it up right to the top, well I leave an inch or two of free space.

DKS-1 07-11-2011 02:34 PM

Fill it until it comes out the top, then next time, put just a little less than you did this time, lol

JoeSchmoe007 07-11-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 445647)
I don't know if it's because I have the V6, but I can easily see washer fluid reservoir. I use the pink stuff during the summer and blue stuff during the winter so it's very easy to see how much is in there.

I fill it up right to the top, well I leave an inch or two of free space.

Up to the top of reservoir or to the top of the pipe that leads to it? I have V6 too. I can see the top of the reservoir but it was not obvious how much was there.

77rednecktruck 07-11-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKS-1 (Post 445653)
Fill it until it comes out the top, then next time, put just a little less than you did this time, lol

x2

I think people are overthinking this whole car thing a little too much. :lol:

RageOfFury 07-11-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 (Post 445661)
Up to the top of reservoir or to the top of the pipe that leads to it? I have V6 too. I can see the top of the reservoir but it was not obvious how much was there.

Top = where the yellow cap is

12167jeep 07-11-2011 06:04 PM

I have done some research and fact finding on this issue. Based on your GVW and horsepower rating of the V6 engine and the average relative humidity of your area( brooklyn ny). I also factored in the use of 89 octane as recommended per the manual and the average weight of two 20-40 year old adult passengers. This was only a guess for said equation. Also reaserched the viscosity of several popular winshield washer fluid brands. Be aware this was only summer fluid, not the thicker de-icer, so the might effect the outcome during the winter months, so again your performace might be different in the winter. I also used the GVW with a half a tank of gas, probably average for most. My equation shows that the resivour should be EXACTLY 4.65 Inches from the top of the filler cap. This finding is all relative to my best guesses for your situation. And one last thing, i did not do any of this. Just fill it all the way up. Thanks for reading,and yes i was bored

Marlin 07-11-2011 06:08 PM

Very bored I'm tipping. haha

ducks unlimited 07-11-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12167jeep (Post 445792)
I have done some research and fact finding on this issue. Based on your GVW and horsepower rating of the V6 engine and the average relative humidity of your area( brooklyn ny). I also factored in the use of 89 octane as recommended per the manual and the average weight of two 20-40 year old adult passengers. This was only a guess for said equation. Also reaserched the viscosity of several popular winshield washer fluid brands. Be aware this was only summer fluid, not the thicker de-icer, so the might effect the outcome during the winter months, so again your performace might be different in the winter. I also used the GVW with a half a tank of gas, probably average for most. My equation shows that the resivour should be EXACTLY 4.65 Inches from the top of the filler cap. This finding is all relative to my best guesses for your situation. And one last thing, i did not do any of this. Just fill it all the way up. Thanks for reading,and yes i was bored

WOW!:thumbsup:

12167jeep 07-11-2011 06:20 PM

If we were talking about the turn signal fluid levels., i would have gave a real answer