Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/)
-   -   Cleaning headliner and visors (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/cleaning-headliner-and-visors-2559.html)

1 GRAND 09-08-2009 08:28 AM

Cleaning headliner and visors

What do you guys use to clean the headliner and visors?

I just have a few dirty spots on the visors nothing bad. I am afraid to use anything much because of previous experiences on my old ZJ with it pulling the headliner loose.

B.P.O.D 09-08-2009 11:28 AM

Re: Cleaning headliner and visors

bump im curious too

Martyp 09-08-2009 11:57 AM

I have used Chemical Guys Fabric Clean & Lightning Fast Stain Extractor.

Fabric clean worked good on the Jeep (just used to freshen up really after I got it).

Lightning fast stain extractor worked great on my dads ML which had a juice stain on the passenger visor/headlining surround area.

In your case, I'd choose Fabric Clean, dilute 1:10.

I also spray the cleaner on a MF, then carefully wipe the areas with the saturated cloth turning when it becomes dirty. Make sure you don't soak the headliner or problems can occur...

Hope that helps?

B.P.O.D 09-08-2009 12:08 PM

thanks marty!!!

blackpepper 09-08-2009 12:10 PM

Great info, Marty.. I've been reluctant b/c I'm afraid water or any other solvent will add to the stain so I guess everything is good in moderation when cleaning the headliner?

Scottina06 09-08-2009 12:24 PM

on the WK headliner....I have been successful with just a slightly dampened microfiber and a dry microfiber. Just rub until the dirt/stain is gone and then dry with the dry microfiber. Woolite is good for a stubborn stain.....just do the same except add the woolite to the first mircofiber(sparingly) and rub till the stain disapears. then rinse with a clean damp microfiber and then dry.

Martyp 09-08-2009 12:28 PM

No worries guys.

Ryan, you are exactly right about moderation. When I said saturate the MF, I really mean so that it just feels damp.

I would also try 'patting' the MF over the stain rather than rubbing the headlining. Also give it a few pats with a dry MF when your done.

B.P.O.D 09-08-2009 12:29 PM

straight woolite or dilluted with distilled water scott?

Scottina06 09-08-2009 12:44 PM

straight......its very, very gentle. Use common sense and dont saturate the cloth....just a dab

1 GRAND 09-08-2009 02:27 PM

Thanks alot for the help guys. I was just afraid to try anything, even water. I will report back next time I clean her up and get a few pictures.

DetailedImage.com 09-08-2009 07:34 PM

Very simple and highly effective on just about anything fabric and vinyl -303 Cleaner & Spot Remover - 32 oz. I use it all over my car, home and clothes. If you want an awesome value get the concentrate of the same exact cleaner - 303 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner - 32 oz. You can dilute this up 10:1 and get outstanding results and value.

Greg @ DI

Scottina06 09-08-2009 07:36 PM

thanks for the recommendation Greg